Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / AGK2 [WIP][TUTORIAL] -- Title: Paint Pot

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 19:29
Cheers Matty

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 15:46
Hi spectre, downloaded and reviewed.
Very professionally presented and obviously lots of potential. After all your other commitments you may be able to create a "masterpiece art program", reproducing Rembrandts etc including brush strokes instead of a flat paint fill. Obviously this wouldn't be in your "kids" section, but we are all kids really, aren't we?

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 17:47
Cheers Juney, once I have completed this and have done another project I was thinking of coming back to this and adding art features to draw your own picture to colour, then who knows

Still at it with the Kickstarter at the minute which has slowed down a bit, hard work lol

Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2015 02:25
Been really concentrating on drawing new pictures for the full version and have reached the 30 images figure! Not an easy task I might say and I am seriously bored of drawing these now lol.

Recreated the picture from the box art of Paint Pot 2 which was released on the Amiga as one of the images. Think it turned out well.

Going to release this soon on Android.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2015 02:26 Edited at: 14th May 2015 02:50
Amiga box art PIC.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2015 02:41
Recreated to colour.

Attachments

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2015 02:43 Edited at: 14th May 2015 02:56
This is the recreated version of the box art

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2015 19:52 Edited at: 14th May 2015 19:52
I have now implemented an upgrade button to the Lite version which takes you to the APP stores for the full version. This is in readiness for the full version soon to be released on Android!

Attachments

fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2015 00:49
Quote: "Amiga box art PIC."
Did you do the Amiga version too? Very cool if you did.

I coded tons on the Amiga in Amos but never bothered releasing anything.

Still the best games machine ever too.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2015 02:47
Quote: "Did you do the Amiga version too? Very cool if you did."

Hi fog, yes I did quite a few titles on the Amiga using Amos which were released here and in America whilst I worked freelance from my bedroom for a company called Prisma Software.
That's going back a bit now

I had quite a good set up then, I had 3 Amiga's, 2 Atari ST's for conversion work using STOS and a midi keyboard linked to one of the ST's, along with a monitor for each computer!
When I think about it, I don't know how I fit the bed in there lol.

I often wish I had kept it up but then that's life and responsibility for you with kids etc haha.

fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2015 18:25
Good stuff spectrepaul

I think most people have that break from coding when real life intervenes, but we all come back to it eventually. Once a coder always a coder.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2015 18:35
Quote: "I think most people have that break from coding when real life intervenes, but we all come back to it eventually. Once a coder always a coder."

Very true

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2015 00:39
Well the full version of Paint Pot is complete and at the minute awaiting Google to check it for upload so will be up soon
I can then update the Lite version with the upgrade button to direct the lite version to the full one.

Its took a while doing the pics and glad its done now haha

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2015 00:51
Congratulations spectrepaul and well done I bet it's a great feeling to have it complete. I wish you much success On to the next one

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2015 03:59
Cheers Funnell7 really chuffed now its finished and it is on there now

Here is the app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leap.paintpot_kids_coloring_app

Tried something different with the app name this time so will see how it affects the Google Store search. If you look at the link I have put the words kids and coloring in there.

I have got to admit this was a bit of a killer, loved the coding but the graphics! Just takes too long, very time consuming and boring.
I will have a break from it before I do a further 20 images for the next update.

Quote: "I wish you much success On to the next one "

Thanks and yes need to code something fun now, maybe can have a look at my pseudo race track effect concept again but I fancy a go at a game before the next educational app.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 05:58
I tried the APK you sent me, and it looks great!
Very kind on the sponsor credits, thanks.
I got a kill screen on the cupcake.
Will do the download at Google if the phone doesn't act up again.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 17:26
Quote: "I tried the APK you sent me, and it looks great!
Very kind on the sponsor credits, thanks. "

Cheers Brian, glad you like it. Sponsor credit turned out well I thought and your pics look good.

Quote: "I got a kill screen on the cupcake. "

The google version is the same apk. Bit strange though. Just been through all the pics on my tablet and phone with no probs. Might be worth trying a reinstall just incase.
I compiled using the 3.2 android option to have the made for laptops option available so not sure if that has something to do with it on your device? Although I wouldnt see it being a problem.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2015 19:51
Full version of Paint Pot now also released on Amazon for all Kindle Fire devices!

http://www.amazon.com/Leap-Paint-Pot/dp/B00YQ7OFAY

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2015 23:07
Well this is interesting, Google Play store downloads for Paint Pot Lite has overtaken the Amazon Store for the first time!

My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 01:16
The full version of Paint Pot hits the Apple iOS store today

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paint-pot-kids-colouring-book/id1010974925?ls=1&mt=8

Lite version to follow soon.

JHA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 22:04
Congratulations!!! Great job with this!

JHA

Proverbs Challenge: http://pc.potentialsunleashed.com/

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1 - FPSC Reloaded / Game Guru
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2015 02:14
Not sure if I have done this correctly as I have not used a promo code before but for all who have Apple device I am hoping you will download my full version of Paint Pot on the iOS store and maybe give me some good reviews

I presume only one code is needed for people to use and it has an expiry date below apparently set by Apple but will allow you to get it free

If anyone has used these before and more codes are needed then let me know, cheers and thanks for your help in advance

Code expires on Thu Aug 06

9PMFW9TH44R9

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2015 23:34
Don't forget to please help in downloading the app on the iOS store for free with the code below and give me a good review if possible

Only got 5 downloads so far and no reviews.

Thanks

Code expires on Thu Aug 06

9PMFW9TH44R9

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2015 22:09
Well guys as mentioned and with the hope that you will all download my app on iOS for iPhone or iPad for free and then give a good review to help me out

Here are some free codes, they last for 4 weeks before expire, thanks in advance

HYFKLXFT4H7H
HK74PEMWNA6L
MRLA7K6MH3XE
HRP3HYEXKLRX
YWYMK9R4T6TY
6NTNHP6M69MW
TETFTXNYWE6F
XW7FT3E33L7J
E7NLXAPJTJ74
4AEX3JPAPEHT
76W3FHAMX9WF
3ENYMREPWMWL
KHWKJXYJXNXH
NXRKF79HL9KX
66W4JTTJEFFX
NAPWRK3KKNYL
KNY96L9X6MNH
WK76AMW9W7NL
M6W4PXA7XX46
EJ7T96NLYWRK

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2015 01:33
I'd love to, but there are no Apple mobile devices in my house

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2015 01:37
Quote: "I'd love to, but there are no Apple mobile devices in my house"

No worries well they are there if some can use or if friends/family might find them of use.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2015 21:39
Anyone made use of any codes yet?

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2015 16:29 Edited at: 21st Aug 2015 16:30
I know it's been a while and the full version of Paint Pot has been on iOS for a bit now but have just got around to putting Paint Pot Lite on the app store and it's now awaiting review along with Doodle Draw

Will wait around 2 weeks now for it to upload on the iTunes store.

Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2015 00:18
Congrats on your success! Wish you the best of luck on your approval process.

http://crazyprogrammerproductions.webs.com/
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2015 22:23
Quote: "Congrats on your success! Wish you the best of luck on your approval process."

Cheers CP and that brings a close to this thread now as Paint Pot has reached as many devices as intended to and there is nowhere for it to go now other than to be downloaded.

Pretty pleased with it as it has been on many platforms now over the years

Onwards and upwards to the next app

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2015 16:47
Well just about to forget about this thread now but iOS have just rejected the Paint Pot Lite app lol, they say because of the link to their own iOS app store from my app.

I have a button in the lite version which takes you to my full version of Paint Pot in their app store to encourage people to buy the full version but the sale has to go through the iOS store anyway.

It is because the app is for children and I need some sort of parental button to accept this I think.

Anyone come across this and got the app accepted?

No problem with Google or Amazon

Cheers.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2015 04:02 Edited at: 29th Aug 2015 04:42
Quote: " iOS have just rejected the Paint Pot Lite app lol, they say because of the link to their own iOS app store"

Well, there you have it folks...
Apple has admitted that they have made more than enough money selling you stuff, so you do not need to buy anything in their store again! (So, no FREE stuff either, REJECTED!)

Quote: "No problem with Google or Amazon"

I guess they understand your business model better than Apple.
Imagine that!

I have not been rejected by Apple, because I rejected them first!
That is the real reason they rejected it... they saw Conjured! (you took me out of the credits for that version didn't you?)
Just kidding, but this rejection by Apple (a child's coloring book!) is a good example of how ridiculous their policies can be.

Just take out the link, but have plenty of messages reminding them to try the full version.
I still do not see what will be stopping Junior from finding the full version anyway.
The link does not matter that much in the long run, and Apple should know that already. (like Google and Amazon)

I guess Apples can't see the forest because of the trees.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2015 03:09
Does seem a bit pointless this, I have had another read of what they are saying and it looks like if I put in a screen after the link button is pressed saying:

Have you asked your parents?
YES / NO

then it will be accepted, I think?????

This doesn't really make sense to me as the kid can just press YES anyway without asking, which will give the same result.

I thought my link method was good anyway as it is safe due to just being a web link to the iOS store which has it's own security passwords etc.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2015 22:27
Quote: "Have you asked your parents?
YES / NO"

Hmmmm, 2 weeks later and 2nd time rejected! Starting to get a bit miffed now with Apple.

I have now re-submitted with further changes for the parental gate on the kids app.
If it wasn't a kids app it wouldn't be a problem but apparently before allowing you to come out of the app, to say the iOS store, you have to make the parental gate not to be bypassed by the kids, so a simple yes or no will not do.

Think 3rd time lucky I might have cracked it so will have to wait a further 2 weeks as it is Awaiting Review again!

This time when the kid presses the button, it asks to ask your parent and a tick and cross come up but then you have to press the tick and cross in a certain sequence and within 5 seconds to get to the iOS store.

If not done within 5 seconds or in the sequence needed then it will go back to the app.

EG:

ASK YOUR PARENTS
PRESS THE FOLLOWING WITHIN 5 SECONDS:
Tick - X - TICK - tick - Cross

Tick Button ---- Cross Button

So a 4 year old kid will not be able to bypass it without asking an adult. So this has got to be what Apple are asking.

If it gets rejected again after this then, well, god only knows what they want!!

Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2015 23:35
I don't get why, because wouldn't the parent need to put in the ITunes Pw to make any purchases / changes / new installs / anything changed for an app to download besides updates?

If the parent downloaded the game to begin with for the kid...they obviously approve and shouldn't need any more approval process on iTunes side....Unless purchases are being made and thus the parent needs to enter the ITunes Pw to make any purchases....

Beta Test Age of Knights:https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_AgeOfKnights
Download JellyFish Dive:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2015 23:43
Quote: "I don't get why, because wouldn't the parent need to put in the ITunes Pw to make any purchases / changes / new installs / anything changed for an app to download besides updates?

If the parent downloaded the game to begin with for the kid...they obviously approve and shouldn't need any more approval process on iTunes side....Unless purchases are being made and thus the parent needs to enter the ITunes Pw to make any purchases...."

Exactly but then we are talking Apple again

Let's see what they come up with this time!

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2015 19:08 Edited at: 4th Nov 2015 19:12
Okay, this thread wasn't going to be updated again, however I hope this gives Apple developers a boost when confronted with the big bad bully that is APPLE!!!

Right some of you will know Paint Pot has been going on for some time now and has been on Google and Amazon with no issues at all.
When it came to Apple though it is a different story and some will already know about me bending over backwards to get it on the iOS store for iPhones and iPads.

This time I tried to get it on the Mac app store for both the full and lite version and again I have had issues with them rejecting it and waiting 3 to 4 weeks before rejecting again for something else etc.
I did everything they said and put it up for review again thinking this is it! I waited and waited and waited for review and then was surprised to find an email saying REJECTED!

WHAT!

This time they said the user interface was not of sufficient quality or a good enough experience on the Mac!!!!
Talk about angry! I just thought well this is it, enough is enough, I am going to cancel everything on Apple and throw my Mac through the window!
BUT...... the interface works really well on Mac and when expanded a great and better experience than the iPhone with the icons being drawn by David Gervais for gods sake!

Paint Pot is much better on the Mac with the big screen!
Don't they know who David is?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I decided to reply to them instead. I didn't appeal the app rejection but replied to the rejected notice and can now say the app is on the Mac store for both the lite and full versions!

So the moral of this?
If you are being bullied by the mighty all powerful one!!!!

Kick the c**p out of them!

[EDIT]
oh nearly forgot, here is the rejection notice and reply
3rd rejection
4th reply
4th sorted and on the store!!

November 4, 2015 at 6:33 PM
From Apple
6.4 - Apple and our customers place a high value on simple, refined, creative, well thought through interfaces. They take more work but are worth it. Apple sets a high bar. If your user interface is complex or less than very good it may be rejected
Hello,

Thank you for your response and clarification. After further review and consideration we have found that your application is in compliance with our guidelines. We will place it back into the review process.

Best Regards,
- App Store Review

November 3, 2015 at 5:45 PM
From paulharthen@gmail.com (Paul Harthen)
Okay, I think my educational app is being unfairly rejected now and as a paying customer of the Apple Developer Program I feel I am being victimised to a certain degree. I will explain. This is now the third time my app has been rejected for Paint Pot for both the full and lite versions. Each time it has been for minor changes and to get to this stage has took many weeks due to the binary waiting review for an overly long period of time. Also instead of testing the app and then informing me of the changes needed, you have told me one change needing conducting which I have done, then said another which I changed then another again! Each time there was no mention of the new change in the previous binary and no mention of a bad interface at any stage!!!! It seems to be that there is no consistency in the people that test apps for the Apple store and it is more pot luck on who tests them. My app is a children's colouring book and this time the rejection states that my user interface is not of sufficient quality! This has been researched for many weeks to make it simple, clear, colourful and easy for young children to use. After testing this interface the results have shown that it met all these requirements and the children found it fun and easy to use! The person testing my app for 10 minutes has not conducted these areas which took us weeks to go through and I am very offended that someone would say this who is not qualified in children's menu systems. The quality of the graphics in the user interface is superb and children who are the target audience find it rewarding to use!!! I ask you to please look at this again, it mentions that the app appears to be for the most part an unchanged app on the iOS store. Yes this app is on the iOS store and there are not many changes but this is because it is not needed. The system works very well and also on the Mac making it fun the way it is for kids to use. What would the point of say Office style menu drop downs etc for this style of app. It has to be bold, colourful with big easy buttons which stand out where young children can use easily. It simple does not need changing. I await your reply and I am unsure of where this will go from here but I have put this message on both the full and lite versions of this rejected app. Hopefully you will see sense when the app is actually looked at with very young kids in mind. Thanks you.
nickele upgraded
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2015 22:34
Congratulations for your perseverance and for your creation!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2015 16:20
WIN!

Congrats!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2015 01:06 Edited at: 9th Nov 2015 01:09
Pretty pleased with Paint Pot on the Mac store, had a lot of downloads in first couple of days and is 17 and 18 on the first page of educational apps!

Maybe time to do another educational game lol, slight pause from Platypus game. Think will design for the full screen MAC. Pity we can't get on the Windows app store or can we?

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:05:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:05:33