Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / AGK T1 Basic Game: Tumble Match

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 22:07 Edited at: 19th Jan 2015 19:45
Hello All,

About a year ago I started this game and got a good chunk done, but the project got put on hold. Now I finally found the time to put the finishing touches on it.

Some of you might remember the old thread and the many suggestions that were made. Well, Some were put in and some were ripped out..

There is no longer a spinning planet on the background, it served no purpose but to make timing the game a nightmare. (probably due to my strange coding practices.)

The color values are no longer randomized, the fixed point value was one of the suggestions.

Also, on the last ball, you will not get a 'Magnet' or 'Lock' action. As pointed out, getting these two actions on the final ball was like a wasted round.

How to play now displays an info screen with all the info needed to understand the game. you can also now toggle both the music and sound.

Try out the game and let me know what you think. I welcome any and all feedback.

Cheers!

P.S. Source code is included, feel free to take a look at it and have a good laugh. Hey, I never claimed to be a professional programmer. I am however a professional artist.

EDIT: The attached download has been updated. If you had problems running the game, grab this version it might help. Also remember, the source code is included, so if the exe does not run, try compiling the game in your version of AppGameKit and running it.

Cheers v2.0

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 22:28
Well the graphics look great, will check out the coding and game when I get to the computer.
What do you use to draw the graphics?

Background:
AMOS on the AMIGA!
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 22:33 Edited at: 15th Jan 2015 22:33
Quote: "Well the graphics look great, will check out the coding and game when I get to the computer.
What do you use to draw the graphics?"

The Gui elements, cubes, and ball were rendered in Bryce, most everything else was done with in ArtGem. (ArtGem has been off the market and unavailable for a long time now.) I still think it tops Paint Shop Pro for pixel work.

I look forward to your comments on the game.. I cringe at your looking at the code LOL

Cheers!

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 10:20
I remember this, and really liked it... I believe I was badgering you for an Android release, lol... Any plans for that?

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 11:30
Android version is on the back burner, one day perhaps.

Cheers!

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 17:56
Unfortunately it doesn't work on my computer for some reason, I try to start the TumbleMatch exe and it won't start just closes down.
I have looked at the media folder though and the graphics are superb!
Will keep trying to sus it out

Background:
AMOS on the AMIGA!
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 21:25
spectrepaul, I am clueless as to why it would not run on your computer. sorry.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2015 01:13
I will try it through you code and see if it works this weekend. Can't imagine it the program prob something I am doing

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C & C++ / now also AGK2! Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga. Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 18:59
Hi David,

I had a look at the code you supplied and ran it from AGK2 putting the media file in a TumbleMatch project folder and I got an error at the function:

function showdice

I put a set of braces on there as:

function showdice ()

and it worked fine running from AGK2.
I would just check the .exe file you have on there just in case that is the problem.

I got to say the game looks great and is very polished, well done.
You should create this on Android and put it in the play store.

Is it your voice that is used in the program?
If so how did you get the echo and what program did you use to do the sound?

Very impressive and well done.

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C & C++ / now also AGK2! Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga. Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 19:39
Hi Spectrepaul, thanks for the feedback.

nice catch, I scanned the source and you are right I neglected to put in those brackets. I fixed it, recompiled and updated the download attachment to the original post.

Yes that is my voice, I use a program called Goldwave. I record myself saying the required phrases then add echo. it seems to work.

I might make an Android version, the UI will need a overhaul and other stuff like scoring etc. I can run the game as is on my nexus, but the cubes are too small, so I might need to trim a row or 2 off the bottom to allow me to make bigger cubes. I'm mulling over another game at the moment.. we'll see.

Sadly Google Play requires a Credit Card to create an account and I do not have a credit card, and I have even been denied a pre-paid card when I applied for one.. seems people with no dept are a serious credit risk.. but if you fail to pay or have a history of bankruptcy getting a credit card is not a problem. I'm an old mule, I'm not a fan of the whole 'Credit' system, if you can't afford something save your money till you can, or pass on the item. But I digress. I'll keep making the games for windows, even if it's only for my amusement. If I post them here and a few dozen people play them and enjoy them for a little bit, I'll call myself happy.

Thanks again for the feedback, Cheers!

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 21:40 Edited at: 19th Jan 2015 21:56
Hi David,

tried the download and it did the same just froze, strange.
I have uploaded the .exe that AppGameKit created when I ran the code after putting the () in the function which works straight off on my computer.
Not sure why this is but check the upload on your computer and see if it works.

Anyway as I said I am really impressed with it as it is very professional.
Shame you can't get it on the play store because it would definitely be downloaded or even sell as far as I am concerned. Great work!

The sounds are good, I will check Goldwave out myself for future projects as I haven't heard of it before and it works well in your game.

Good luck with your future games!

Edit(Deleted the attached file as didn't work lol)

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 21:53 Edited at: 19th Jan 2015 21:56
I tried downloading the upload I put on to check it and it seems this is just the player lol.
Sorry I can't help further with that but I haven't tried creating any exe programs yet as I haven't had this AppGameKit very long

Guess when it comes to me creating a finished program I might struggle haha.

I am not sure how to edit my post to delete the download link on mine but maybe you can do this being a Moderator as it is not needed.
EDIT - Found out how to do it now - Cheers

Again well done on a great program and good luck with your new games as I will look out for them.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:09:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:09:33