Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / How to allow Android Immersive (true Fullscreen mode)??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 08:04 Edited at: 21st Jan 2015 05:26
Hey guys

I have been looking for a solution to this on the forums, but cannot find a complete one.

Android provides a function to allow what they call Immersive Mode, which removes all on screen Android buttons and then hides the navigation and status bars allowing the running app to truly use 100% of the available screen space. I believe they implemented it in Android Kitkat, and its been in ever since, so nearly 50% of all android devices, and 100% of new devices

I have used this feature when working with LibGDX, also when working with the normal Android SDK. The FLAGS used are below...

Is there any way I can set these flags through editing some of the files behind the scenes? Or has this functionality already been made available some other way?

edit: I read somewhere on here that I could change the "AGKHelper.java" file, does that apply to stuff made with Tier 1, or only to stuff made with Tier 2? Because I am using Tier 1.

edit 2: I also just realised the two Android SDK versions in AGKv2 are, '2.3.1 Gingerbread', and '3.2 Honeycomb'. Whereas Immersive mode is '4.4 Kitkat'. So based on that im not very hopeful as to any of the newer Android features being available to us yet

Many thanks
The Weeping Corpse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2015 00:25
This is one of the many reasons why I've abandoned AppGameKit in favour of Java\JNI\NDK. I come here every few weeks to look for updates but over that time I've been learning Android Studio.

Development work on AppGameKit is under staffed IMHO or maybe TGC are working on too many products at once. AppGameKit is already way way way behind the curve.

You cant even supply custom mesh or verts lol unless you want to jump through hoops and create OBJ files. OpenFL which is free and open source is more advanced than AppGameKit!!!

I've wrote a simple sprite batcher in C++ OpenGL ES and it's 7 x faster than the AppGameKit managed sprites.

Tito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 14:05 Edited at: 18th Mar 2015 14:06
Any update from the AGK2 staff ?

Will this feature be coming in a future update ? Or not ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:03:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:03:15