Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Thinking of purchasing AGK2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing AGK2.

I was wandering, when you have finished a simple program, how easy is it to transfer it to my android phone (Samsung s3) and test it out ?
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2015 14:24
You can broadcast to Android over WiFi at the click of a button and build an apk file to transfer to your device also at the click of a button. It doesn't get much easier really

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
paulrobson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2015 14:05
Short of employing a servant to do it for you it's really easy. You install the AGK2 runtime off Google Play. You write your code. You press F6. It works. iOS is slightly harder because Apple don't allow the runtime, so you have to export it yourself and install it via iTunes, the hard bit here is all those ruddy keys that Apple want for pretty much anything... but once it's done it works the same.

It's actually slightly unnerving to be surrounded by two or three devices and they all suddenly burst into life.

It's also realistic from a testing POV. I *think* that all AGK2 does when it produces a final APK/IPA is just put the media folder in - the final runtime and the test runtime are the same code. (It also puts the 9 trillion icons Apple want in as well)
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2015 23:45
Not sure about your phone model, but...
You can also export the APK from AppGameKit, then transfer that file to your phone or tablet via USB.
Your Android device will install it when you click it after the transfer because it is an APK.
This way you don't even need WiFi to broadcast to a player if your phone can do the USB transfer.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 18:28
For testing, you can't beat the 'Broadcast' option built into the IDE. You need to install the AGK2 player app onto your phone (comes with your AGK2 purchase) and it is as simple as clicking a button to test your app on your wi-fi enabled device.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 08:30
I use DropBox to install apk's on my Android devices and it works great!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:48:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:48:08