Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / entities problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2015 04:37
im using 1.20.010 and i noticed a wierd problem. im using ww2 entities and i can see them in the editor but cant see them when i test the level, i also can walk them through so there is no missing texture. i checked in the entiti settings too. when i switch the entity to dynamic i can see them in the test but when its static they are missing. anyone know a cure? would greatly appreciated.

I don't buy games....i make them.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2015 21:00
Hi maxi360
Quote: "im using 1.20.010 "

There were a lot of little bugs in the early V1.20.
I would suggest first trying a different version and see if the problem persists. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208795&b=21
Also just switching an entity from static to dynamic can sometimes (sometimes) also cause problems. Your using "stock" ww2 entities
when this problem occurs, correct?

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
maxi360
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2015 13:53
ncmako thx for your reply. its good to see some one is alive in this forum

thank you for the link it can be usefull but i have a game project. if i upgrade my fpsc then it will be compatibile?

ps: some some wierd reason the next day i relaunched the fpsc and now my problem is gone i can see static+dynamic in game too.. it was really wierd and i just fell on panic and posted on the forum. next time i will try to solve my problem first or wait 1-2 days befora posting. once again thx

I don't buy games....i make them.
Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
If its any help I noticed that in a built game when I changed the ambience in the setup.ini and played the game again ALL of the dynamic entities were black in game.

So I dont know whats causing it or how to fix it but an educated guess suggests its probably something to do with the way FPSC lights dynamic entities, there was some discussion in one of my other posts about entity lighting.

Glad to hear you got it fixed though. FPSC is great but it does seem to be a little fragile and require re installation at the drop of a hat.

Its always disheartening to see 'uninstalled and reinstalled fpsc and it fixed it'. I mean its great that it fixes it but its such a pain, Im currently running two concurrent versions (swapping the folder names, fps creator1 and fps creator respectively, around as its technically the same install but with differently updated fpsc.exes and map editor.exes) just to try and prevent this kind of reinstall business, by always having a usable working version to just replace key bits like the editor and fpscgame exe when things go wrong.

Saved my ass earlier today as the main version I was working in kept building the game with a fault, so i moved the necessary files over to the v1.20.17 folder, built the game using that exe and it worked just fine.

Just goes to show how easily things can go wrong in fpsc behind the scenes and you dont even notice till you get that error that stops you dead.

smoke em if you got em

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:34:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:34:32