Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / A Trip Down Memory Lane In Brighton

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2015 05:14
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm slowly emerging from my self-imposed confinement as the Early Access version of FPSCR/GameGuru comes to the end of it's initial two year development phase, and transitions into a more sensible day to day affair.

With my new found freedoms, I plan to attend a few events in 2015. I'll be attending GDC San Francisco in March, and the Develop Conference Brighton in July. Also, one event I highly recommend if you can make it on 20th June is this one:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/c64audio/back-in-time-brighton-15-live-stage-show-of-c64-mu/

I'm a sucker for SID music, and a chance to hear it remixed and performed live is something I ain't missing for the world! You are more than welcome to track me down for a drink if you are going to any of these events, and if you think there are more 'must-attend' events in 2015, please let me know at lee@thegamecreators.com

Also do yell if you think it's time for another official TGC convention? I am curious to find out if resurrecting this ancient tradition is something the community wants to see, and where the venue might be located.

Hogging the awesome since 1999
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm slowly emerging from my self-imposed confinement as the Early Access version of FPSCR/GameGuru"

I see you have emerged from the dark depths of your programming cave.

Quote: "Also do yell if you think it's time for another official TGC convention? I am curious to find out if resurrecting this ancient tradition is something the community wants to see, and where the venue might be located."

I would be interested in attending depending on where it is.

Sean

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2015 07:18
Crap, both of those events are pretty far away from me (either wrong coast or across the pond).

I'd be interested in a TGC conference though location would obviously have a large part in if I actually can attend such a conference.

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2015 07:37 Edited at: 15th Feb 2015 07:39
Not sure I have ever met Lee, the founder (I think) of a company that has had a massive influence on my life and interests!

Even if it's just over the forum, nice to meet you Lee!

Both of those conventions seem pretty far from where I live. How many people have showed up to TGC conventions in the past?

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 15th Feb 2015 07:51
Welcome back Lee, Manchester or London are fine for me, Manchester is closest... [ I live 20 minutes walk from the city centre ]

I promise to bring cake if it is in Manchester oh and Beer 🍺 or a whiskey ^^

Please check out my recent NaGaCreMo, think you might enjoy it! [ 4 player DBPro game requires four 360 🎮 pads or fewer for 1-3 players, played four players last night, was fun! ]

Will be in London for a dinner 🍴 in a couple of days tho...

I know some decent priced hotels and accommodation's in London so I could help those not familiar with arrangements both there or anywhere in the UK if you do hold a convention...

Thanks!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2015 12:43
Quote: "How many people have showed up to TGC conventions in the past?"

They have attracted 20-30 in the past.
OSX Loving Happy Dude organised the original ones in Chichester, for a few years.
When he passed on the baton, I organised it in Leeds, with support from Rick and the TGC crew. They are generally a Friday night to Sunday afternoon affair. It was a full house from TGC last time with Rick, Lee, Paul, Mike, Ravey and even Rich Davey even though he'd moved on. We've had 2 guests from the US (Ron Erickson and Cash Curtis). Lee never bags the morning slots, the hospitality of Mr Guinness won't let him.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 07:41
A shame you didn't make it to PAX South, it was close enough for me to actually go to :p

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 15:42
TGC Convention 2015! Count me in I can get pretty much anywhere mainland UK, but South-East works best for me.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 16:56
I would give the convention some serious consideration depending on where and the costs, might even stay for the whole thing this time, north uk would be easiest for me. In fact if you want to set it in your home town I wouldn't complain as its a bus ride away
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 17:14 Edited at: 17th Feb 2015 18:32
Take a poll of everyone in the world who would like to attend, then average out the longitude and latitude of each location and have the convention there.

I probably wont be able to make it if it's at the bottom of the Atlantic though, although I can send my fish**

* Disclaimer, I don't actually own a fish.
* There is no such thing as fish

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 18:17
Quote: "I probably wont be able to make it if it's at the bottom of the Atlantic though"

That's where it would be. And there's no such thing as fish, you are imagining it.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 18:33
Quote: "That's where it would be. And there's no such thing as fish, you are imagining it."

Oops, I updated my post

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 20:00
I often eat fish - or is my memory playing tricks on me?

I'll vote for a TGC Convention - as long as they serve fish and chips.