Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Player must p/u Entity(Laptop) to Read Email ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Howdy again.... Simple! I am trying to simulate the player picking up a laptop to read email! I am using NFM Map script and everything works fine except I cant seem to keep the triggerzone deactivated until the player achieve's the objective of picking up the laptop? I have created my own 3 images and replaced the NFM templates ....check this out!

Any help is always appreciated

TY
sHn33Ky

ShN33Ky

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2015 15:25
ShN33Ky
Your attached pic looks good.
Without showing exactly how your scripts are setup it's kind of
hard to say what the problem might be

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
ShN33Ky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2015 21:29 Edited at: 20th Feb 2015 23:47
Never Mind Mako I figured it out!!! I just set the NFM script directly to the Laptops main and triggerzoned the Laptops spawn!!! Works like a charm

Thanks for any help mako it's always appreciated...here's another image! I'm just using emails instead of maps!

ShN33Ky

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a quick addition, you dont actually need the trigger zone here.

Im not sure how your coding the script but in simple terms
Id use the pickobject commands to make sure the player is looking
at the laptop, then using a plrusingaction or scancodekeypressed command to display the image of the email, with another key press
check to undisplay the image, you could have checks to cycle through pages etc and then allow the player to pick up the laptop giving them
the new ability to be able to read and receive emails on the move?

All this would be done through the entities main.fpi not requiring a triggerzone or a need to activate or deactivate said triggerzone completely

My main advice is always whenever you have a working script, dont just be happy that it works, always look at it again and think 'how can I do this quicker, simpler and in less lines of code'

less code, the less to go wrong

smoke em if you got em
ShN33Ky
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Sinister Spoon.....I take every tip and tid-bits of advise to heart! The TGC community has been an Awesome educational resource for me!

I invite you,NCMako and anybody else from the community to come by/like my FB page anytime for sharing Ideas & further discussion about game making.I am also starting to work with Unity,UDK and Reloaded (LUA).I love to work together with other artist and developer's on projects in efforts to create strong quality Game's.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SHn33Kys-Indie-Games/722919517748566?ref=hl

SHn33ky

ShN33Ky
Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Unity Baffles me beyond belief!

I tried learning it but the documentation is just really tech talk heavy, Im a pretty good coder when I understand what im being taught but I just cant get my head around it, espescially when a lot of it gives you ready made assets and gets you started building scenes, when what I really need to know first is how to get the assets I want to use in there in the first place!

I like FPSC because it allows me to bypass a lot of that and focus on being creative rather than getting held up in a load of technical whoo haa

smoke em if you got em
ShN33Ky
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I like FPSC because it allows me to bypass a lot of that and focus on being creative rather than getting held up in a load of technical whoo haa"

I hear you ......I'm a 47 year old window washer and told my self 5 years ago I cant keep climbing buildings all my life.Hopefully one day I can get a job behind a computer doing something a little less dangerous but I wont say making games is any less nerve racking! I'm a total amateur and C+ is like trying to learn how to speak Chinese to me!Now C+ will soon be old and the new language's will be almost Incomprehensible to someone like me!

I have High-Hope's for Reloaded but it scare's me allready!!!

cheers...
sHn33Ky

ShN33Ky
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 01:25
@ShN33Ky
Glad you got it working for you Like Sinister Spoon said,
anything that cuts down the script to what's just needed is a
big plus.
As for Reloaded, I think it's going to be awesome when more complete. True, Lua is different, but I remember myself when
first starting with FPI scripting. (I did a lot of head banging)
Oh yeh, almost forgot about the "X-canyon" game you made. It turned
out pretty good.
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
ShN33Ky
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks NCMako....I also rebuilt Deep 6 and trigger zoned most of the dynamics!It runs very smooth now. I put it on Gamejolt last year and got a 5 star rating....http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure/deep-6-carters-dive/29337/

I'v been working for the last year on a multi episode kinda steampunk style game.Also using go-pro video from my surfing to enhance the story line so it's going to be very different LOL. ....I think Different is good!

should be ready soon and I will release it on gamejolt and on my FB page!

On a side note I just saw the trailers for "The order 1886" coming soon for PS4 and though it looks like another Apocalyptic Zombie game these guy's went full blown steampunk! I like the graphics but I think it's going to fail.The Zombie thing is just getting old..lol

sHn33Ky

ShN33Ky

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:50:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:50:35