Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Need In-App Purchase inclusion help.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 10:17 Edited at: 25th Feb 2015 10:22
Stuck trying to understand In-App purchase inclusion for Android AGK2, tier 1.

I would like to look at including In-App purchases within an app but do not really understand how this is applied.

Can anyone show me a listing/sequence of events that need to be carried out/included and if possible any coding for any of the necessary sequenced events for this to happen?

There are 8 commands shown in AGK2 help section but without knowing how, when and where to use them doesn't really help me at this stage, especially when I guess you have to get this right first time.

I'm sure this will help lots on the forum so cheers in advance.

Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 16:01 Edited at: 25th Feb 2015 16:03
oops, duplicated during edit.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 23:20 Edited at: 25th Feb 2015 23:29
An example would be nice.

Sorry I cannot help though, because I have steered clear of this realm so far.
The fear of maintaining the databases for the paid goods prevents me from practicing this form of revenue generation.
I do need to get my act together on this stuff though, because it can mean some really big income in the right genre.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 10:32
Bump :-

I'm starting to realise that this is not only complicated, well for the 1st time anyway, but help instructions could also be quite lengthy and time consuming, hence a possible reason why nobody has so far been able to help.

I also understand that a large part of applying "In-App Purchase" is related to Google, but to help get this part of AGK2 working, should TGC now step in and help?

I consider this part to be very important if you want to try to make a little cash, probably one of the main reasons we all purchased AppGameKit in the first place.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 10:43 Edited at: 4th Mar 2015 10:46
From memory (I messed around with IAP over a year ago) it really isn't that difficult. I remember there being a thread showing the set up, let me see if I can track it down...

EDIT: Didn't take as long as I thought it would Although this post is almost 2 years old, I don't believe there have been any significant changes to the IAP AppGameKit commands...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=205408&b=41&msg=2455169#m2455169

Let me know if you get stuck, I may be able to dig out my old project...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 16:40
Thank you so much Funnell7, that thread was well hidden.

Quote: "Let me know if you get stuck"

One way or another I will keep in touch to let you know how its going.

Thank you again, really appreciated.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:50:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:50:05