Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Hello everyone ! m need help in 3D animations ...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 23:01
im need in how im play animations of my 3D object ..

im make all positions for make animations , model1.obj to model6.obj ... but i dont know how im play or hide and show objects making one animation ... please somenone help me ?

PrintC("Hello EveryOne !&quot
Waldemar Lima
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 23:12
forgive me for the mistakes !! I wrote with hurry ..

PrintC("Hello EveryOne !&quot
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 13:40
Currently, there are no 3D animations in AGK. They will be delivered at some point as part of AGK2

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 16:08 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2015 16:24
Until we get the update, you could use these to convert the 3d models into 2d sprites....

Sprite Me

Model-2-Sprite

They are not expensive and offer a nice temporary solution.
If you buy them both in the bundle then you save 25%.

I know it is not what you wanted, but this is what I am using while I wait for the 3d animations in AGK.
I just got them yesterday, and will be trying them out today on some characters from FPSC Model Packs #18, and #42.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 16:15
I have booth of these and will worth the money. I have used model 2 sprite in reloaded (GameGuru) as a easy way to separate the animations.

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
AGK Community Tester
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 21:56 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2015 03:42
I had planned on whipping up a program to do this, and I am glad I procrastinated about it.
I would have been wasting my time, because the features I wanted to develop are all here in a super nice GUI.
Both of these tools are great, and I am glad I got the chance to purchase them.
One character is well underway, and I have 2 of my 4 test runs that are keepers.
Now I need to play around with getting these in AppGameKit but that should be easy because Model-2-Sprite generated the file I need to do it.
'Gladiator Quest' may have a demo arriving earlier than I thought.

Edit
Here was the result of a few quick runs with Model-2-Sprite... (see attached video, which is low res and a little choppy, but small)
Was playing around making the walk and run animations for a 2d sprite of the 3d model of the barbarian in FPSC Model Pack #42.
I need to zoom out a little more though for the run as the sword goes out of frame.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
This isn't an elegant solution, but I made this function to position a 3D models to a main 3D model, which acts act as its 'limbs'. Then, RotateObjecLocalX() can be called to rotate the 'limbs' locally, as if it is a jointed limb.
But you got to have different models for each limbs, so its quite tedious, and the overall model would't be as smooth. And you have to animate the model by code

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 07:23:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 07:23:28