Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Guru guns to FPSC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2015 02:53
Hi
I recently purchased GameGuru, and got the bright idea of bringing the guns into FPSC. I tried the M700 and based it of The Mas 36 replacing the .fpe and weaponspec files, redirecting the texture/.x models lines. Changing weapon.lua to weapon.fpi and using FPSC shaders. The weapon would appear in the game, but i was unable to equip it. I've added custom guns to FPSC, so I'm familiar with the needed steps. Did I miss something, or is this not possible?
Thanks
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2015 05:18
I think you should have let the gunspec of GG to be as it is a there is no difference in the commands used in the gunspecs. It may have messed up the animation frames.

Yesterday I was practicing rigging and the same happened to me. Everything was correct. But then I realised I forgot to rename the texturepaths of the object materials to textures that were actually present in the folder, so they appeared transparent. That might also be the problem.

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2015 17:42
Wizardious
Quote: "The weapon would appear in the game, but i was unable to equip it"

Almost sounds like you imported the guns "entity" file, but not
the Hud or Vweap files? It's the one thing you didn't mention above. Is that it by chance?

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2015 08:35 Edited at: 8th Mar 2015 08:38
I copy and pasted the M700 file over so the hud.x and vweap.x are there. Will have to look into this later, so much to do. I also tried different textures as the M700 comes with gun_D.dds and M700sniper_D.dds (or something).
I usually always double check file paths in .fpi/.fpe/gunspec files, so I don't think that was the problem.
Oh ya, I also added the animation frames to the new gunspec, as well as sound frames. I even opened the M700 in Fragmotion, just to confirm animation frames.
wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2015 04:25 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2015 04:50
Wow, was I drunk or something?,lol. I had a little extra time, so I thought I would look into the M700 again. So ncmako, you were on the right trail. I forgot the sniperM700.x in the entitybank folder. Working now! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:25:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:25:40