Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / CreateEditBox position problem.?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im writing a game where it asks you for your name, this works perfectly on PC, but ive got a Android device so i thought id use AGK2 player to stream it, but when i get to the input your name bit
the EditBox isnt where id positioned it, is this because the keyboard pops up.? is there a fix for this .?
You can see from the pic that the Original EditBox is covered with the keyboard, but is made one its self.? Has Android made it, or has AGK2 made it.?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2015 23:31
If you intend the game for a mobile platform, you need to program it assuming that a keyboard will pop up. Ie. position your text and input closer to the top of the display.

I suppose that it is possible that the AppGameKit Tier 1 engine is repositioning the input box because it knows the keyboard pops up.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Mike Archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2015 23:43
SetEditBoxUseAlternateInput() is set TRUE by default on mobile devices. I think that might answer your question.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 06:44:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 06:44:05