Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Rain and Refract

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2015 17:48
Does anyone know how to get RAIN and REFRACT post effects going at the same time?
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 23:00
I'll include this in the next update for Nomad Mod

wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 03:25
ya, that would be cool if you could get those going. Those two effects go together like bacon and eggs. Those .fx files look like some kinda alien language to me though.
Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive been thinking about this for a few minutes as Im using a somewhat similar (tho less extreme) method for switching between two shaders without the player noticing, basically I have the surreal post shader on almost constantly

( Really REALLY need some help tweaking that shader if anyone knows anything about that, make the black outline on my cel shaded entities really pop )

but I have a section where a series of identical entites are spawned and destroyed in the same place(a whiteboard where each entity contains different info so it looks like the whiteboard is changing the text it has on it)

But when the entity spawns out and the new one spawns in there is a visible flicker on the whiteboard.

So what I do is very quickly and very subtly lock the players camera, switch to motionsickness post fx to smooth out the transition between the entities (the blurring of the shader obscures the switcheroo) then as the new entity appears it triggers the switch back to surreal fx to restore the normal look.
It all happens very quickly and you have to be really watching for the transition but it achieved the effect I needed.

Maybe you could use this process to switch rapidly between the two fx several times a second giving the impression that they are both running at the same time? I dont know if that would work or not but its worth a shot maybe?

Tho at a guess Id imagine its going to impact the fps.

Anyway hope this helps

smoke em if you got em

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:22:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:22:22