Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Two textures on one object???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 13th Mar 2015 11:39
How do I make it work to use two textures on one object? I have a model (a house) who have one texture on the roof and one for the rest of the building, It worked long time ago but I forgot how I did..
Good news please!

Guess what Aiko and I did this weekend...
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2015 16:31
Only dynamic objects can use multiple textures. Or you can divide the model according to textures.

Sinister Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah with a dynamic object you can use an alttexture specified in the editor and then use script commands to switch between the two.

What I do is have a single texture map with a grid of colours and use different sections of the map for different objects so almost all of my entities static or dynamic use the same single texture map, incredibly useful for keeping file sizes down,

So put the roof texture on the top of the image file, the interior textures on the bottom half, export as a single image then retexture using that map and voila, both the interior and exterior textures are in a single image that can be used static or dynamic

smoke em if you got em
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2015 02:51 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2015 02:53
@Mr Love, in the fpe file, leave the texture field blank. this will work for a static entity too.

mk83 Productions
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Mr Love, in the fpe file, leave the texture field blank. this will work for a static entity too."

not true..almost for me.. since if I apply 2 or more textures on a static entity the entity is shown corectly into the editor but appear white into test mode
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 18:02
Because as Mrigrinka said, multi-texturing works only on dynamic entities ( and shaders doesn't work on multi-textured meshes ).

Utinni !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:33:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:33:14