Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Perform Checklist for Drives is really annoying

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 17:28
The PERFORM CHECKLIST FOR DRIVES command sends up a query message for every drive (such as a floppy drive) that hasn't got a disk in. It seems that the DBS team used a really low-level check because it complained that it couldn't find a disk in (/harddrive6) or similar - My Linux partition! - Why isn't the standard Windows API used. All this command needs to do is tell me what drives exist, I don't need to know yet whether or not they are accessible.

I am really getting peeved now. I paid £50 for DBPro and I don't expect half of the stupid bugs I am seeing. If the BlitzBasic team can avoid it, why does DarkBasic have such a big problem. (I went with DB for the features in case you are asking, of which there are far more than Blitz)
haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 19:39
Use any product from day one of release and you will find bugs, even the god like Blitz basic team *cough* can make mistakes. The bugs will be fixed, more features will come and so will more bugs, its just life.

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram
Pickles
Years of Service
User Offline
You might be able to get around this bug by writing a DLL file that does use the normal windows API and then use that DLL to replace your command PERFORM CHECKLIST FOR DRIVES.

PS. All new sofware is going to have bugs. It needs users to find them. Give it about six months to a year and DBPro will most likely be as stable as DB V1.13.

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2002 23:11
Well... Reading the Blitz forums it did have its share of problems initially (although not quite as many). Blitz3D has been out for such a long time I guess they have fixed just about everything.

I don't know if DarkBASIC supports DLLs made in Delphi. If it does then I am going to use the WindowsAPI to write a DLL.

Dazzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 02:59
"I don't know if DarkBASIC supports DLLs made in Delphi. If it does then I am going to use the WindowsAPI to write a DLL."

The dll addon pack for DB1 allowed dlls to be made in Delphi so I presume its the same code but just optimised some more. GuyS did some delphi dll samples AFAIR, can't tell you were they are mind.

Dazzy
Nikkoz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 03:06
Eh? Let me get this straight!
You morons mean that people have to program a DLL for every command that SHOULD be more dynamic than it really is? Get real! Why don't use a free GCC instead, then?

>Or< you can just report it to the bug section, and wait for another patch!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 17:44:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 17:44:40