Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Guru M700 To FPSC Pimped

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 07:34
So I have the M700 From GameGuru working pretty good now after a few
failed attempts. Mriganka, you were right about the gunspec, but the only problem was, the zoomed scope was upside-down for some reason. left was right and up was down? I just deleted the Airmod lines from the gunspec and worked fine after. Will have to look into that. I pimped the gun a little, but can still be improved with normals and specular.

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 15:45
I do have to admit wizardious, that looks pretty good.
I like your hud best. Nice font. Which shader did you used
for this(if any)?
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 17:38 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2015 17:49
Ya, funny, I never really gave much thought to the shader, but after you asked, I went and checked and it's phong_bump_specular. (On the gun). Maybe the normal and specular are already on? Not sure, kinda a shader noob. It's just my go-to shader for custom media, because it "works".
Also if you look closely, the gun HUD image is actually of a M24! I got it from http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/index.php. There was no M700 so I improvised. Other than that, no shaders for HUD.
The scope image is really difficult to get "round" Not sure what the actual dimensions should be, but this is 700x1024. Will have to scale it down. I Did all fonts/textures in GIMP.
[Errant AI does nice work!]
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 03:23
Even I had that problem. It occurs with a similar problem when the zoomwalkspeed is lowered, the controls seem to invert. Can you state the values of simplezoom and simplezoommod in the gunspec?

wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 21:25 Edited at: 24th Mar 2015 21:26
Ya that's all gibberish to me, I know nothing of the Airmod commands, but it's something I will have to look into. Anyway, simplezoom gunspec stats in code snippet.
Also after checking out different shaders for the gun, I liked, ps_0_2\bumpbonerev.fx. It seems to add a dynamic shadow which almost looks like a realtime reflection on the scope lens.
wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 08:57
Added glass lens and rounded scope.
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 11:15 Edited at: 25th Mar 2015 13:59
Very nice work, keep it up.
Can we have the source for the scope picture if you have found this one on the Internet, please ?

Utinni !
wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 22:57
@Madcow Ya I would if I could, but it's from Bigstockphoto.com. I was lucky to get in on a promotional deal, because Bigstock is crazy expensive. They have a really great library though, if you have deep pockets.
Do you have GameGuru? You might want to check on their forums for Guru related stuff.
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 12:57
Thank you for the information, and unfortunately, I don't have GG but I've found some interesting media over there.

Utinni !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:42:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:42:35