Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Upload Failed - Your APK's version code must be higher than 216!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 03:48
I started by having a project with a shortened name and published from that project originally but compiled the APK using a slightly different name than the project name.

I then switched to a new project name (but using a newer version of the same code) and continued to develop for several weeks. Yesterday, I published my app with the new directory.

Today, I decided to have a "dev" project and an "APK" project to actually publish from.

So I moved to two new projects, one for development and one(supposedly) to publish from. The publish project actually reflects the name of the app.

Up until now, I assumed that if the info on the "Export" menu was the same, everything was good, even if the project was actually completely different.

After publishing a new version yesterday, I actually determined how to make several updates easily that would enhance the app.

So I tried publishing again this evening.

I keep getting the error you see in the subject line.

The original version of my app was 1.0, my last published update was 2.1. Today I tried to publish as 3.5, then 2.5, then 300 (because it stated it must be higher than 216).

But now I don't think it is referring to my version as it is making a reference to "you APK's version code".

So I'm completely lost. I've tried rebooting, going back to the original project and publishing the new code from there. Going back to the original code and republishing that. I've rebooted my system and tried again. Always getting the same error.

Nothing I've tried is working....

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I searched the forum for anything relative to no avail.
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 04:13
OK...Feel kinda stupid...

It had to do with the build number. I just put a number in making no attempt to remember it. Well you not only need to keep up with your version number, but the build number must also be higher than the last one, regardless of the version number.

I was thinking that the build number started over with each version number but not so.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 11:08
Quote: "Well you not only need to keep up with your version number, but the build number must also be higher than the last one"

Yep, glad you worked it out... Its pretty easy to find what your previous build number is as it'll be on Google Play, but what I do is create two variables in my code, one to store the current version number and one to store the build number. I then increment these when submitting a new version...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 20:16
BTW...you can update the build number and not update the version number.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-17 00:48:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-17 00:48:22