Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Module C:\windows\system32\DGDK.dll failed to register, HRESULT -2147024770

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 19:43 Edited at: 25th Mar 2015 23:05
Figured this out, took me a long time but I didn't give up, I looked in through allot of websites, forums and even outside programmers to see if they might have any insight as to what the problem to this error was about, but for some reason no one could figure this out, So here's the deal.
The problem is if you try to pinpoint the solution to the error HRESULT -21407024770 your not goanna find to many answers because the registration of the .dll itself has a wide range of other errors numbers that have issues within a given situation that I've found online, cause everyone has a different answer for the number that appears. But for this particular situation I found a solution, and I believe this will work for all other errors of the "HRESULT" kind. For the Error 2147024770 is a DirectX issue, and I've heard others say "oh it's DirectX 9c, or DirectX 8 even, but come to find out that yeah it's DirectX alright but it's "DirectX Play" as you will soon find out that is the culprit. Now this issue happens mainly with windows 8.1 and I've seen only one machine that had windows 7 with this issue but it was fixed with just installing DirectX 9c, so mainly it's windows 8.1 that's huge on this error so here's how to fix it. There have been other explanation on how to do this but here is the correct way cause it targets the \SysWOW64\ directory which I'm not going to go into, but trust me.

1: Install the GameCreators.exe and just follow through with the instruction even if it gives you the error, just install anyway.

2: Make a copy of the DGDK.dll from here C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DGDK.dll and put in here C:\DGDK.dll

3. Now open CMD as administrator

4. type in order till you get it to look like

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd..
C:\WINDOWS>cd..
C:\regesvr32 DGDK.dll
hit Enter.

Finally you will get confirmation message in RegSvr32 dialog box saying that DllRegisterServer in DGDK.dll succeeded and you can move on with life.
tehuti2999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 23:06 Edited at: 25th Mar 2015 23:06
sorry for mistake typo mine should be

C:\regsvr32 DGDK.dll

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:49:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:49:20