Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP][KICKSTARTER - PROJECT] - Paint Pot full version!

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 18:46
Something my wife said today made me think about this Kickstarter, I guess educational software although sells on the App stores is not an ideal app to show on a Kickstarter Campaign.

The reasons, although I have had good downloads and feedback of the Lite version as a result of this, not many have amounted to funding. When I think about the age range for this software being for young tots, the average mum or dad for that matter would not know about Kickstarter. Even my wife said she had not heard of it before.
The difference with something like a normal game or for example AppGameKit is that the end user is tech savvy and would most likely already know and trust Kickstarter beforehand.

Anyway only a few days left before it comes to an end. It will not be successful in being funded but does it matter?

Well from what I have learnt about this is that it is quite hard work and you need to get the project page spot on before pressing the launch button. I have constantly been modifying the page as it has gone along which is not ideal but have now near the end got it right lol.

Other things which need to be done before pressing the launch button is to go on various blogs for the app market and talk to people before hand to see what they think and to try and get people to pledge as soon as the campaign has launched.
I believe if you can get to 20% of target on the first few days then you normally get staff picked or featured on there.

Overall though I have had a lot of downloads of the Lite version as a result and got featured on a twitter kids app magazine which was good so a lot of people now know about the app.
This has got to be good when the full version is released on Android and Amazon and it will just take a little longer for the Apple App store at the minute. Although I am still thinking about my options with that one at the minute

So it's been fun and thanks again to everyone that pledged, it was really appreciated.
Thanks also to TGC for putting the pledge in, that was a shock when my phone pinged with that

Will carry on with more drawings to try and get it finsihed now

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 19:08
It's a good exercise to understand your marketing too.
My son was 17 when he launched his Kickstarter. He, his sister (16) and other band members (18-22) canvassed their friends on Facebook, college and pub about buying their EP. Nearly everyone said they would buy it. Of those people, less than 10% put their money behind their convictions.

They reached their goal, but through more established family friends, relatives and a few complete strangers.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2015 19:37
Yes you are right there, I know the market etc from doing it before but things like parenting blogs etc I really left too late to get on that side. Twitter is great for free and showcasing etc but not really for this.

Like I said though its all been fun and a good experience and got a lot of stuff for the marketing post.

The 10% is about right for people who say they will pledge when it starts and actually do is spot on and some times you think, it starts at a quid! What can you get for a quid these days.

The Facebook promoting was rubbish and ended up costing me £20 for nothing lol it got a lot of post likes but not page likes or pledges like it was supposed to.
That just left me thinking was that a con and do Facebook just have people liking the post with false accounts and taking money haha.

Anyway 30% of target was pretty good going really when a lot on there get no where near.

Thanks again everyone.

Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 03:46 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2015 04:37
I am sure you still plan to proceed with the app anyway, even if the Kickstarter campaign falls short of its goal, right?
I am still good for my pledge for the same reward.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2015 14:15
I am still continuing with the APP and have finished getting rid of the bugs in the program itself, this being the PrintScreen which now works since the new update and also something which I messed up on when saving the picture that the black lines were transparent so if the picture was displayed on a white background then the lines would also be white lol
So the app is in readiness for all the pictures now.

I have only just been able to start this coding and now, drawing of further pictures as I have been out of action for a bit due to an operetation which meant I couldn't get to the desktop and have just been using my tablet to use the forums etc. I am pleased to say that I am on the right side of recovery now so can start doing further work to the app

I have looked at quite a few Kickstarters now and at the end they put a Paypal link on the site as the Kickstarter stays live even though the project has come to an end just incase anyone wants to donate or still back the project.

I think I will do this later for anyone who wishes to donate anything towards the app or projects I have planned. This could then be any amount and would go towards the Apple App store fees, etc.

Funnell7 mentioned in other posts about Mac Cloud or something like that which you pay a monthly fee for so could even try that if I manage to get the funds towards this and yearly fees but once the pictures are drawn then Android and Amazon are a definite go to release anyway.

I will have a think but the Paypal button seems like a good idea anyway to me and even though the actual Kickstarter has not been successful, with the page still being up, it will be constantly advertising my app's
I really don't fancy doing another Kickstarter for a while at least anyway as it has drained me! lol

Will update before Kickstarter ends

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2015 22:09
Hi there, well the Kickstarter has 2 hours left and as I mentioned will not get to it's target.

Thanks again to all who pledged and this has been a great fun experience, I have learnt a lot from it!

I have placed a Paypal button on the Kickstarter page for anyone visiting, where people can make donations which I thought was a good idea, however this would not be like placing a pledge and is there for helping visitors only.

If anyone makes a donation thinking they will receive a pledge still then please don't do this as I am leaving my options open at the minute with where to go with this yet.

Thanks again guys!

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2015 04:15
Hi,

I have just put out a final update on the Kickstarter now it has finished for all those that pledged, you should receive an email from Kickstarter.
I have decided to put the Apple version on hold for the time being and to continue with the Android versions, so if you want to still pledge and receive your rewards minus the Apple part then you can do so via the PayPal button on the Kickstarter page.

Thanks to all that pledged and showed your support for me, I am deeply honoured by this and really appreciate it!

Thanks.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2015 03:36
Well this is hard going! I have 20 images that I have drawn now for the full version, I can't tell you how boring this is just drawing page after page of images to colour in! I am starting to lose the will to live and just want to get onto something fun now with a new game!!!

I have had some PayPal donations which will go to the Android version and I am hoping to outsource some of these images
Anything left in the PayPal pot at the end will be added to any sales of the Android version to go towards Apple equipment I think.
It seems the Apple store is the way forward for paid apps so I have a goal and plan to code and release on there I think with a whole series of apps written down in my notepad already awaiting creation!

I really need to do something for a bit of fun though after this just to break it up!!! lol

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2015 01:31
Quote: "so if you want to still pledge and receive your rewards minus the Apple part then you can do so via the PayPal button on the Kickstarter page.
"

Payment sent.
I hadn't forgotten you Paul.
I have had a very hectic and bad week, so apologies for the delay.

Quote: "Well this is hard going! I have 20 images that I have drawn now for the full version, I can't tell you how boring this is just drawing page after page of images to colour in! I am starting to lose the will to live and just want to get onto something fun now with a new game!!! "

Now you know why I start so many projects and finish so few.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2015 17:07
Quote: "Payment sent.
I hadn't forgotten you Paul.
I have had a very hectic and bad week, so apologies for the delay."

Thanks Brian, I am not expecting people who pledged to continue when the Kickstarter finished so didn't think you forgot but I left it open without the Apple store option if people wanted to still continue with the Android version and like rewards as I didn't meet my Kickstarter goal but leaving it open can still look towards funding and rewards for Android.
I appreciate your payment and will continue with the Android version rewards, however if you thought this was the same with the Apple options still then just let me know and I will refund the payment. (Just don't want to confuse anyone with this new method of funding )

If you are happy with this, then I will send you an email with the rewards and the instructions on how to complete your pages in the game. There will be a bonus due to there now being no Apple store version though.

Quote: "Now you know why I start so many projects and finish so few. "

I know exactly what you mean!!! I think this side of things with the graphics etc is far more involved and time consuming than the actual app itself!

Depending on where I get up to with this I may release this Android version earlier than August with a view to updates with new images as I go along. This should optimise sales and make further funds from the app. Customers of the app will most likely be happy with regular updates and then spread the word more knowning that it is being actively updated.

Thanks again for your support!

Again just to clarify as I don't want to confuse anyone here, not that anyone has been confused yet lol
I am still going ahead with this app but for Android only at this time, so anyone who wants to make a pledge from previous pledge via PayPal or even just wants to make a donation eg the £1 pledge then you will still receive all rewards apart from the Apple side of things.
So for example if you pledged to have your childs picture in the game, then this will still happen but on the Android version only

Cheers and thanks for all your support guys. It's very much appreciated!

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 01:21
Android only is fine with me, so shoot me that email and I will get to work on my page(s) for the game.
I thought I would only get to do one for the reward, but I can do more if you want.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 03:05
Hi Brian, again many thanks for your pledge, I will be sending you an email with instructions etc for this but here are the rewards for now:

Rewards list for Android pledge:

1 - A copy of the completed game will be sent to you in APK format when finished.
2 - 10 digital images to be printed out for the kids to color. These will be attached to the email.
3 - Yours or a family child's name can be placed in the end credits of the game in the special thanks section.
4 - An image from yourself or a child can be placed in the game.
5 - Your company name can be placed in the end credits.
6 - An image to color based on your company can be placed in the game.

Bonus due to no Apple part of the pledge:

1 - Point 4 above x 2 - This means 2 more images can be placed in the game. (This is 3 in total)
2 - Your website address can be displayed in the end credits along with your company name.
3 - An image of your company logo can be placed in the end credits by your company name and website address.

Looking forward to seeing your images

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 03:34
I have sent you the email Brian so you should have received the pics etc.
I like the auto reply from the email great message.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2015 02:48
Quote: "I have sent you the email Brian so you should have received the pics etc."

Thanks
I will get them to you as soon as I can. (an unexpected event has turned my schedule upside down and inside out)

Quote: "I like the auto reply from the email great message."

That was actually a mistake on my part.
That email address should not have been used for this.
I sent you a reply with a message explaining that, so I won't go into it here.
Sorry about that, but I am glad you like the auto reply. (you are the first person to see that one)

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 20:19 Edited at: 21st May 2015 20:21
@CE

here you go Brian, first picture in the game, works really well
Only made a slight modification to make it work and small pixel areas to fill open color areas, you would be hard pushed to see where modified.

Great work

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 20:21 Edited at: 21st May 2015 20:23
Original

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 22:44:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 22:44:03