Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2015 23:56 Edited at: 4th Apr 2015 13:49
So... I've decided to create a multitude of mini apps hoping that one will catch on lol... Here is my latest which I would like to run past you all...

It is currently called 'Platform Jump' (although I'm not overly keen on this so am up for any suggestions). The idea is to judge how much power you need to land on the platform ahead of you... Its very much like 'Stick Hero', only you judge power, not length...

Available now on Google Play...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funichproductions.platformjump

As you can see, I am trying to get as much as I can out of these graphics lol, so the graphics are again the same as my last 3 apps ha...

Attached is a .apk for you all to try. Let me know what you think, I appreciate any and all suggestions...

Thanks, as always

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2015 23:56
Screen Shot 1

Attachments

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2015 23:57
Screen Shot 2

Attachments

Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 01:43
i like the graphics. hope it does well

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 03:20
Nice work again, I am starting to get quite a collection of your apps on my tablet now and will soon have to dedicate a page to them on their own if you are going to release quite a few

I wouldn't worry about the gfx with these games because although they are only blocks, it adds to the charm of the series and it is the physics that sets these apps off.

I quite like this but after playing 50 blocks it is much easier lol.
The concept is good with this game but would benefit a couple of extra bits to it to add a little more interest.

I can't think what though, although you could try maybe to control the angle of the jump as well as the power. When you tap and hold the screen for the power you could also move the pointer to change the angle, a dotted arrow could come out of the block to show the angle maybe and then vanish when the jump takes place?

I got to level 9 after a couple of tries and then went and had another go at 50 blocks which I still can't get past 11 lol.

Keep up the good work, you are coming up with some good stuff here and I think there is an Angry Birds beater in your mind coming soon

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 11:04
Thanks both

@spectrepaul, I actually already had the angle bit coded in, but I disabled it as I felt it slowed the game down abit. I'll post that version up here too, have you a play (if you don't mind) and see what you think... Won't be for a while though as I'm at work at the moment...

Thanks for taking a look

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 18:04 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2015 17:21
So... Here is a new version where you control both the Angle and the Power... I will leave the old version on the first post in case anyone wishes to try both...

Let me know which you prefer. I\'m not sure myself, I kinda feel like having to control the angle over complicates things and makes it a little long winded... Not sure though

I appreciate your opinion....

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 19:04
Yes I see what you mean, the first version is better as this version is a bit more fiddly. Have you thought of tap and keep finger on screen and move finger around for angle and then release finger at right power level.
All actions done in one operation then.

Also if you want to have a mess with gfx then you could try little gerbil jumping onto platforms.

You could call it - Jumping Geoff

So jumping geoff the gerbil is trying to get to his girlfriend Jill across a never ending lake.

Fiverr.com do some great gfx services for $5

Going off on a tangent lol

Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 17:21 Edited at: 4th Apr 2015 13:50
Quote: "Have you thought of tap and keep finger on screen and move finger around for angle and then release finger at right power level"

I have... But couldn't work out how to translate the 'drag' to angle But... I have opted for a similar approach which I feel is a lot smoother than it was. The angle is already moving when you start so you just tap and hold when you are happy with the angle and then release for power. Seems to work quite nicely, I think I may keep the angle in there now, what do you think (apk attached)...

I've also made the platforms smaller just to make it a little trickier

Quote: "You could call it - Jumping Geoff"

Lol I like the plot... I've actually used fiverr before, for app descriptions, were very good. Not used for graphics though, will take a looky... Thanks

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 17:55
Quote: "I have opted for a similar approach which I feel is a lot smoother than it was"

Well done, you have got it spot on. It now works a treat and can use one finger to play. Nice and simple approach which works well making the game a LOT better.

Quote: "I've also made the platforms smaller just to make it a little trickier "

You do like your hard games lol, however it is fine and I managed to get to level 7 with no problems so would work well with good scores over time.

I think with some nice cute graphics the same size as the blocks and a cartooney title screen and you have got yourself a nice little app here which you could sell However I don't know if the ads make better money for you as I have never used them.

Having said that the block games are very clever relying on the physics engine for gameplay and they all have a quirky style

Right, back 50 blocks again! I am determined to finish it lol, I am surprised that I have a phone left though and not smashed it yet!

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 18:08 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2015 18:10
Quote: "making the game a LOT better."

Thanks! I was hoping you'd say that. I showed the missus and she was not happy I'd changed it lol... She preferred the original version

Quote: "which you could sell However I don't know if the ads make better money for you as I have never used them. "

Money? What's that? Lol... I've tried pretty much every combination, Paid App, Free Demo App + Paid App, Free App with Ads, IAP, the lot. The only one which has enabled me to make a little bit of money is Ads.

You generally get a bigger user base with free apps which helps to spread the word which again equates to more downloads. Nowadays, there is only a very small percentage of people willing to pay for apps, which drastically reduces your market by opting for the paid approach... This is of course only my opinion... Having said that, I suspect if you make an app which kicks off then it probably doesn't matter which way you do it...

Quote: "they all have a quirky style"

They do... And I kinda like this. Its like I'm building a collection of 'physics based' apps... Hmmm... What to do?

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 19:17
Quote: "I showed the missus and she was not happy I'd changed it lol"

ooops hope I haven't started a domestic coming on there lol, you could have a special version for her

Quote: "The only one which has enabled me to make a little bit of money is Ads."

That's interesting, the problem I have is at the moment I am going to be doing a range of kids apps and people don't like Ads in kids apps which is understandable.

Have you had better luck on the Apple side of things with paid for apps?
Gekko in another post said he thinks Apple is the way to go and that people will pay on there.

Quote: "Hmmm... What to do?"

Well I don't want to start any problems with the missus lol but you could have this version as free ad based and also do the upgraded gfx cartoon style one for paid?? Maybe on the Apple store?

Either way, great work as always.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 22:40
Quote: "ooops hope I haven't started a domestic coming on there lol"

Lol nope its all good

Quote: "Have you had better luck on the Apple side of things with paid for apps?"

I think people tend to be more willing to pay for apps on Apple than they are Google, not entirely sure why, but I've definitely read these claims before. It certainly wasn't the case for me...

In terms of downloads, Happy Chick (which is Free with Ads) on Google Play is approaching 100,000 downloads (its about 98,500) where as on iOS, I don't think I've even had 10,000... Which is contrary to what a lot of people will tell you.

I'm just gonna keep smashing out games and if I get lucky then great, if not, then so be it, I've still enjoyed every minute of it

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 22:54
Quote: "I've still enjoyed every minute of it "

Ahmen to that!

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 13:48
So I took the punt... Platform Jump! is now available on Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funichproductions.platformjump

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 16:30
Well done, beat your score though hehe

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 18:37 Edited at: 5th Apr 2015 05:38
This looks fun.
I have to log off right now, but I will try this as soon as I get back online.

EDIT
Okay, that was lots of fun.
Time to play some more.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 18:52
Just put a tweet out for you so fingers crossed, more downloads!

Get yourself o twitter pal

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 16:22
Not sure if there is something wrong with the score input? Just got score of 13 and when entering name it will only let me press the key 'e' very strange. Other games seem fine with score so if you use same system for all then not sure of problem.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 16:32 Edited at: 21st May 2015 16:33
Hmmm... I am indeed using the exact same system for all my apps (which is the AppGameKit Edit Boxes). They are notorious for not working and have been an issue for a very long time. I create a thread here for which Paul responded advising he has made a few fixes... I'm just trying to remember if I actually loaded an update to include his fixes? lol...

I'll take a look at my last update, and if not, load a new version. Thanks for the heads up...

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 19:12
No worries been playing your games at work on breaks for the last couple of days. When is the next one due out

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 14:00:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 14:00:20