Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Question about database.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys, i'm new here!!!\o

So... That is my first time with agk, i will use to make a school game project, but i don't know if agk has some support for database. In my game project, i will need create a form to register users and your points, a lists of the best players and things like that. Can someone help me?

I would like even more if someone can post some pdf files, or tutorial showing how to use database with agk.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2015 17:03
You can't use a database directly with AppGameKit, there are no DB functions. But there are other alternatives.

For a local high score list (up to 100 entries or so), you can save them in a text file, and load them into an array.

For global high scores, you would use the HTTP commands to send and retrieve them from a web server. You then use PHP and MySQL to manage the scores on the server.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Valenfar
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi BatFink,

Thanks for answer my question, this is what i've been looking for.
helgs
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a sidenote (and sidetip), when choosing to go for the web approach, consider using a well renowned framework (especially if you are considering using php). Personally I recommend laravel, its a really awesome framework and by using it or any other established software you steer clear of any risks by opening your web server to malicious attacks (like SQL injection)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:24:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:24:53