Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Application freezes when looping through array/vector

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2015 19:17 Edited at: 12th Apr 2015 19:33
Bought AppGameKit from steam today and are just familiarizing myself with it. I've made a biomes routine to generate terrain for a level and are testing it, but when looping through the terrain to print the generated content it freezes the application

I am using MS Visual C++ 10, here is the code:

biomes.h

biomes.cpp

template.h

template.cpp

Basically the loop in app::Begin is what causes the freeze, but it is out of the application loop so the function should run only once rather than every frame?
helgs
Years of Service
User Offline
Why did my post get deleted?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2015 22:47
It's a quirk of the forum when you are a new user.

You wrote your post and it went into moderation. I approved it. Then you edited it so it went back into moderation.

Moderation doesn't last long, it's just to combat spambots (we get dozens of them a week). The system will work out you are human shortly!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
helgs
Years of Service
User Offline
Allright then, thanks
helgs
Years of Service
User Offline
Just to revisit this, I tried using my code in an ordinary console application, and it printed the random generated "terrain" without any issues. Super fast. In AppGameKit it just stalls

Am I putting the recursion in the wrong function?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:38:01
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:38:01