Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Weird texture-related issue onscreen, how to fix it ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2015 21:59
Hi there, I've almost finished the first map of my current gameproject but I've hit myself to a very annoying issue...

What the hell is this ? And how I'm supposed to fix this annoyance ?
I'm using the latest unofficial beta, full shaders effects and quick lightmapping.

Could this be a VRAM related problem even if my graphics card is pretty decent and can run most of the current games at medium settings ?

Utinni !
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2015 03:49
That square white plane is the problem? If so, then you might have applied a postFX shader to an entity by mistake.

Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2015 10:20 Edited at: 1st May 2015 10:24
You are kidding, right ?
That's mean that I will to look at the properties of each entities.

I forgot to say that it seems to happen randomly.

Anyway, thank you.

Utinni !
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2015 15:45
I have another issue, when I build a game the segments' textures appears to be all black, is there a way to fix this also ?

Utinni !
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2015 16:58
Hahaha! That is the problem with every game developer. Make a mistake and everything has to be analysed from the beginning. And for the segments, it might be that, either the shader textures hasn't been copied down to imageblock file or, I have no idea. You can try enabling shaders in the buildsetup.ini. Also, I use the beta 17 of 1.20. It seems to be the most stable to me. If you apply a dynamic entity shader to a static entity or segment, the lightmaps appear on it. If you apply a static entity or segment shader to a dynamic entitiy, it disappears. And some criss cross problems with static entity shaders applied on big static entities, and improper lightning of static entities when applied segment shaders. And the black texture maybe because the imageblock or any textures were not copied over to the build. If you have enabled dynamic lightning shaders, do you see any applied shadermaps on the segments?

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2015 17:07
Oh, I forgot! What postFX shader have you applied to that level? And how do you keep up you motivation on designing something? I made a small ware house spanning 2x2.5x9 segments, and I belive they were at par with your quality. But the outer area was either average or tad uninteresting. And those outer areas are just interstices between buildings, and I call them pockets. Any help on this matter? (PS I forgot there was an edit button. LOL!)

Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2015 17:27 Edited at: 1st May 2015 17:41
I was thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling Classic, if the problem is still around, then I will port my content ( and my whole level ) over Gameguru.

About the postprocess shader I'm using, it have been made by DarkGoblin and can be found here I've just tweaked the filmgrain and scanlines values to suit my needs.

If you want some screenies of the project, here you go
I just hope I will manage to get FPSC working correctly again...

Utinni !

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2015 18:13
Madcow
Your project looks good so far. As for the full screen shader, I haven't had any problems so far with "filmgrain" or "scanlines".
(Using V1.20_1.14) When I saw the first pic at top it looks just
like the weapons muzzleflash decal Looks like the "white square" had a texture also, or is that from the filmgrain?
Also by chance is there a script running calling for a "hud"
that might be in there by accident?

Quote: "I will port my content ( and my whole level ) over Gameguru"

If you have success doing this, please post how you did it.
I've been trying to do this now.
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2015 18:26
The image projected in the middle of the screen is a texture of a segment that I'm using in my level, maybe I should try to remove the said segment.

Quote: "Also by chance is there a script running calling for a "hud" "

Not sure about this, the texture change randomly sometimes.

Quote: "If you have success doing this, please post how you did it."

I will.

Utinni !
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2015 19:11 Edited at: 2nd May 2015 09:04
I found a way to fix the problem by deleting the segment from my level, hope that it will fix this permanently.

Thank you for the help, pals !

Addendum :
It seems that was a memory issue, because I replaced some background buildings which were using big textures ( 1024x1024 ) with low poly ones ( basically they are boxes ) using low-res textures (256 x 256 ), and the glitch is gone.

Now I still have to find a workaround to get a functional build with actually textured levels ( it affects segments only ).

Utinni !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-17 00:51:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-17 00:51:08