Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / What is your personality type?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 5th May 2015 05:32 Edited at: 5th May 2015 05:33
Did this personality test, eerily accurate!
My personality is INTP-T(the 'logician'), which describes me perfectly.
What's yours?

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 06:46 Edited at: 5th May 2015 06:47
Seems that mine is INFJ-T. Apparently called the advocate! I think it describes me pretty well in most areas. Neat to see that some significant leaders have been of this same type, despite it being quite rare!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
wattywatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 07:27
It's apparently not that rare, I'm an INFJ-A.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 14:18
These tests will always make you feel better about yourself for one very simple reason. When you judge yourself, you inherently describe the person you'd like to be.

Get somebody else who knows you well to fill it in for you, and compare the results. No matter how convinced you are that you completed it accurately, I'll guarantee you get a different result. And it will be more uncomfortable. And you'll like the person who filled it in less.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 15:23
Quote: "No matter how convinced you are that you completed it accurately"
For the record, I am not at all convinced that I filled it in accurately. In fact, reading the description, I found that I didn't like it too much in certain ways. But yeah, you are correct, these tests are biased by nature.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 15:38
Quote: "For the record, I am not at all convinced that I filled it in accurately"

For the record, neither did I. Even though I spend time researching these things (as an amateur) and know all about our sub-conscious biases, I still found myself tweaking the slider in favour of what I wanted to be.

The give-away is when - at first thought - you don't know which way to move the slider between 2 options. That's the point where your bias kicks in. Try it and even though you know what you shouldn't do, it's hard to fight against it!

TutCity is being rebuilt
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 15:48
Aparently mine is INFP which I don't really agree with.

I did a similar test a while back when someone posted it on another forum and I got a type which described me in a much better way, I can't remember what it was though.

Also, as batvink said, you are obviously biased but it's still pretty interesting how "accurate" these tests can be

Say ONE stupid thing and it ends up as a forum signature forever. - Neuro Fuzzy
Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 15:54 Edited at: 5th May 2015 15:56
I got INTJ AKA the Architect.

It matches the description of me that I entered into the survey...
strangely enough.

To Err is Human...
To Arr is Pirate!
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 16:19
Apparently I'm INFP. I don't agree with the thinking/feeling thing since I strongly believe in putting logic before emotion. I guess the other stuff isn't too inaccurate.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 21:36
ENFP, found this test about 2-3 months ago now, completly obsessed x)

Whose eyes are those eyes?
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 22:08 Edited at: 5th May 2015 22:08
I one of these ages ago and go INTP, but thought I'd give this a go and got INFP-T. The 'Mediator'. I am a mere 4% of the population. So I'm Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Prospecting and Turbulent. I suspect the reason I would have have INTP before is because not only do I consider and think about how people feel, I am also very logical and occupy myself in my thoughts. Perhaps a flaw in this approach - one can both be feeling and thinking.

Regardless of that flaw, how it describes me is accurate and not in the Tarot reading sort of way (general statements that apply to most, if not all). I would readily accept those strengths and weaknesses.

http://www.16personalities.com/infp-strengths-and-weaknesses

Except maybe "Don't Like Dealing with data" or "taking things personally" (though I /can/ do, as many do, but something I tend to avoid doing...pretty sure I put 'strongly agree' for taking criticism).

Oh well, you don't expect to tick all the boxes. There's probably better models for personality out in the world of Psychology, given this classification was coined by Karl Gustav Jung, good friend of our infamous Sigmund Freud, though to my mind, the better of the two psychologists (at least, with what little psychology I studied - could turn out he had a theory that setting fire to people's nipples is helpful against dementia), but I suspect by now, there's probably a more refined model, usually happens with psychology or any science...just I didn't pursue my studies in Psychology and went into humanities, a brilliant idea, I now work on a near minimum wage job in a call centre

Quote: "First and foremost is seemingly every INFPs' dream growing up - to become an author. "

Well...there you go. One of my dreams.

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2015 00:34
Interesting how a good portion of the people here are on the introverted side. Only quik seems to be rated as an extrovert? That is to be expected from a forum of computer geeks.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2015 00:59
I suppose it is a very introverted activity.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2015 02:23
Quote: "These tests will always make you feel better about yourself for one very simple reason. When you judge yourself, you inherently describe the person you'd like to be.

Get somebody else who knows you well to fill it in for you, and compare the results. No matter how convinced you are that you completed it accurately, I'll guarantee you get a different result. And it will be more uncomfortable. And you'll like the person who filled it in less."

I disagree on a few levels here; First of all, the test make me feel better because it accuratly describes me; In depth, as a person - not just the regular ol' "you're a nice guy because x and y cool reason", no this goes more in depth than that, weaknesses, good stuff - heck it even accuratly described my parenting.

Secondly, about the friend thing; The result will be different, absolutly; But it won't necessarily be more RIGHT.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2015 07:28 Edited at: 6th May 2015 07:58

Also INFJ-A, Advocate

Agree with parts, disagree with parts.

Interestingly enough, as well as being fairly accurate for myself, I'd say that it is fairly accurate for my impressions of the rest of you as well.

Attachments

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2015 21:43 Edited at: 6th May 2015 21:47

Here is my result, interesting test! Altough I don't agree with it in it entirety.

Quote: "Get somebody else who knows you well to fill it in for you, and compare the results. No matter how convinced you are that you completed it accurately, I'll guarantee you get a different result. And it will be more uncomfortable. And you'll like the person who filled it in less."

There is, of course, always the possibilitie that your friends will believe you to be a far better person than you actually are and fill the test in more to your benefit. Why do you assume a more "negative" result from your acquaintances?

"If the mods didn’t see it, I didn’t do it!" - Rick Bamber

Attachments

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2015 00:44
Quote: "Why do you assume a more "negative" result from your acquaintances?"
He probably would clarify that he meant a result less favorable to the individual whose personality is being tested. As you take the test, you quite naturally will answer things more in your personal favor, thus creating a more favorable test result.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2015 09:12
What do you mean "favorable test result" though? I'd definitly agree when it comes to say those facebook quiztests that takes a minute
This I have no idea what a favorable test result even means?

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2015 10:37 Edited at: 7th May 2015 10:49
I'm a Mediator (INFP-T) - apparently I was born with a ban-hammer in my hands (poor mom)

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2015 01:13
Re the points I mentioned above which not everyone agrees with...it's not my personal opinion, it's the results of research into the Barnum effect and self-serving bias. Both of these play a part in answering questions about yourself, after which you get a report on your personality.

TutCity is being rebuilt
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2015 01:40
Quote: "Both of these play a part in answering questions about yourself, after which you get a report on your personality."
Absolutely true, I am among those who agree with you. I was thinking about this -- even if one went into this test, completely aware of these effects, and with every intention of answering as accurately as possible, the answers will still be biased by the individual's desire to answer "accurately". They may, then, end up discriminating themselves a bit too harshly. In either case, it would be very hard to form a truly accurate personality test.

It is true, though, that the discrepancy between how a person really is and how they depict themselves in a test is too a part of their personality. Some very humble individuals may not give much care and answer quite accurately, whereas other individuals who are highly concerned (and perhaps arrogant and prideful) about their self identity may answer very inaccurately.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2015 04:43
Had my wife take it and she got infp-t I think it nails her pretty spot on

While i agree it's impossible to be completely unbiased with yourself, I think you are at most creating a slight shift, is not going to describe something completely different than your core and so can still give reasonable insight into generalities.

I don't think someone else answering for you is any better though, anyone that knows you well enough to answer validly will also have biases and other people are never going to completely know how you think and feel, only how they perceive the person you present them.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2015 18:18
Quote: "In either case, it would be very hard to form a truly accurate personality test."

Both of you are correct, I simply misunderstood. I believe the only way to perform a truely accurate personality test would be without the knowledge of the tested individual.

-Wolf

"If the mods didn’t see it, I didn’t do it!" - Rick Bamber

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:46:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:46:06