Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2015 12:44 Edited at: 20th Oct 2015 22:29
Was really looking forward to test the new 2.0.15 with all the new 3d stuff, but my windows cpu burned, so im (trying to) working on a mac mini for now. so until i get a new windows pc or the 2.0.15 get out on mac, i can only play around with the old 3d stuff, im just so unlucky. Did some testing with endless tile based terrain and a better water shader.

----
New version: http://www.plemsoft.com/ter4.apk

Low q video:

1024x768 FPS: IPad 60 fps , Samsung s2 60 fps. even with fog, moving skies and the sun.

The ugly really low poly edges on water etc. is faded out using a shader. Water shader also fade out the distance to the horizon color so you dont see the end of the terrain.

Car physics:

fog shader, is able to hide the max camera distance so you do not see when far away objects disappears, uses horizon color as fog color.

Drive the jeep , take a bumpy ride in the jeep:

Sliding collision on trees.

It would be really nice if you could post your device and fps , with and without fog shading, just at the point where you first land, without moving.

Thanks

</div>
best regards Preben Eriksen,
Jukuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2015 12:15
Looks very nice!

Tested on Nexus7 (1st Gen.) with 57-60 FPS.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Jukuma

Terrain generator now normalize landscape and ligh works, direction and point ( jeep got head lights ):

Jukuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2015 20:53 Edited at: 9th May 2015 08:28
Wow, looks great!
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Switched ALL shaders from per pixel light to per vertex light, both my ipad and samsung s2 could run both shaders at 60fps , but the slow old android tablet with a slow gpu was doing per pixel light at 19 fps , by switching everything to per vertex light it got to 40 fps. so that a HUGE increase in speed.

results of vertex light:

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
All colors/light/intensity etc.. is now controlled by setting the clock, so you have a day cycle , clock is a float so down to the second.

Everything here is per vertex shaders.

Hardest part here was to calculate the start and end colors , as some objects are non transparent (speed) so you have to use the setobjectcolor ( to make darker ) , but that has to fit perfectly with the horizont / water / clearcolor etc...

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2015 00:57
This looks really good.

I was getting:

70 fps on my 1st gen Nexus 10
50 to 57 on my 7" Arnova (which has a 800 x 480 resolution and half a gig of ram).

I've also had a think about the graphical problem you were having, with the water appearing in front of the trees, and edited my previous response with some code and screen grabs to show a similar issue I was having.

Invaders of the 29th Dimension - available now on Google Play
Find me on indieDB
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your help

It would be so nice if you could test the new version and post the fps. its added to the top post.

The new version got light and fog on all objects and terrain. and you can select the clock to change light density etc. still 60fps on ipad.

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Poly reduction on terrain, around 15%

Gives some ugly results when a triangle is removed and the new difference in the y become to large, need better access to objects to make this work, this one just skip some faces in the object file to reduce the polygons. ( but try to even out the y before writing the vertex ).

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2015 21:07
I've just had a quick go of ter4 on my 1st gen Nexus 10 and was still at 60fps with fog and lights on so that's pretty good.

Invaders of the 29th Dimension - available now on Google Play
Find me on indieDB
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 18th Jun 2015 17:01
Test on LG Unify, 59 FPS with or without fog.
Very nice work! What physics are you using?

WindowsXP SP3,Vista,Windows 7 SP1, DBpro v7.7RC7
Stab In The Dark Editor
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for testing the fps, it really gives me an idea of what is possible on mobiles

Stab in the Dark software: physics its nothing like your bullet physics wrapper , on mobiles everything need to be simple and only do what is needed, so it just do a ObjectSphereCast from each of the 4 wheels to the ground and or objects below, and calculate the angle rotation of the object.

From all this testing i found out that everything is in the shaders, and to get a good fps on mobiles you need to do something special in the shaders, i might have to start all over and use dynamic shaders ( tested and agk will load a dynamic generated shader ), so if you have a light source that never hit a object , you should not have that light source in the shader of that object, or an object is in the shadow that never get a hit from the direction light, should not have it in the shader. Static light sources should only be assigned to nearby objects. another good thing about dynamic shaders is that you can have unlimited ( well ) light sources.

Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 23rd Jun 2015 02:29
Well, Bullet Physics engine is quite fast it might work well on mobile platforms.

WindowsXP SP3,Vista,Windows 7 SP1, DBpro v7.7RC7
Stab In The Dark Editor
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Patriick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 19:43
Nice work, pretty impressive so far. It's nice to see people playing with the 3D side of AGK.

- Patrick.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:29:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:29:22