Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / TF341 characters float on trigger spawn

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2015 21:23 Edited at: 8th May 2015 21:24
Hey, so i ran into this problem that I can't seem to solve, so I thought I would throw it on here, in hopes someone might have some insight. When I use a trigger zone to spawn the TF341 characters, they appear floating a half foot of the ground, and stay floating. I've tried everything I could think of, but nothing seems to work. Scaling characters, different appear scripts, the updated scripts, ect...The other characters do not have this problem. The reason I want to spawn with triggers is to cut down on FPS, with to many characters on map my frame rate slows too much. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

Oh ya....i'm using v1.19
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 9th May 2015 00:24
Was just going to ask if your using V1.19, but read at bottom
that you are. Yeah, it's been mentioned before (floating problem)
with V1.19. Was suppose to be fixed in V1.20? Not sure if it
was. All you can do is try it quickly and see.
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
bossisly
Years of Service
User Offline
I have had this problem too. The solution I came up with was to have the entity character spawn behind the player, or around a corner, or on the other side of a door within range of the player being sighted by the entity character without the player seeing the entity character first.

When the entity character spawns, it appears to be hovering just off the floor or ground. When the player is within range of the entity character the character will drop to the floor or ground and then carry out the script that is being used. This is why I make the effort that the player does not see the entity character first before the entity script activates.

You may or may not have the same problem with the health entities and weapon and ammo entities. I do. It does not matter if the entity has a delayed spawn or not. In addition, the health entities that weld to the wall will drop to the floor when they spawn.

My solution for the health entities was not to use the ones that weld to the wall. I now only use the health entities that appear to be a first aid box or a banana. I place the first aid box on the wall at about hip level and place a green sign with a white cross and white lettering that says first aid location just above the health entity. The sign lets the player know that the health entity is supposed to be on the wall. As for the banana health entity(s) I place them in with tall grass entities in order to mask that they are slightly hovering.

As for the weapon and ammo entities, I have not come up with a quality solution. What I do is place extra ammo or weapons on the floor or ground and no longer put them on tables or counters. Most players assume that I have deliberately made them slightly hover in order for the player to easily find them.

Side note: when an enemy entity character is killed his weapon and ammo does not hover on the ground or floor when dropped by the character entity.

I hope this has been of some help to you. I wish you my best regards.
wizardious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 19:08
Thanks bossily
I have witnessed the "dropping off shelf" behavior. But my characters continue to float even after they spawn. I believe it has to do with FPSC version. I like 1.19 because of its fast test builds, but it does not seem to like tf341! Getting really tired of playing "try this version" though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:49:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:49:50