Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Sega MegaDrive (UK) - £31.99

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2015 16:30 Edited at: 19th May 2015 16:32
SEGA Megadrive Wireless Games Console.

Quote: "The Sega Megadrive plus 40 games is the perfect gift for those who love classic Sega games.
This wireless console is ready to plug and play.
With two controllers and a total of 60 classic games
on the Megadrive and separate cartridge,
this package gives you hours of gaming fun!

Plug in and play on your TV."

List of Games included

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2015 18:02
Looks cool, but I kinda just a little bit wish it looked more like this:

That's a plug and play Cannon Fodder, Sensi Soccer and Mega-Lo-Mania game. But... the case is a great size to fit a Raspberry PI, the controllers are pretty much as good as original MD ones, and they are parallel wired - so they could be adapted to work on anything. I have one, and I am installing a Pi with all the games, plus all the SNES games through USB SNES controllers of course, can't leave out the SNES.

If it wasn't for me having that plug n play PI project, I'd be all over that!... although, before I typed this, I had to check and make sure that Kid Chameleon was on the list

Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
You should use an NTSC version of the console if possible. Many games weren't programmed to take the lower PAL refresh rate into account and have 17% slower gameplay on PAL consoles as a result.

320x224
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 00:45 Edited at: 20th May 2015 00:46
Is a used (real) sega even 30 pounds? The going rate here is around 20 usd.

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 06:52
Quote: "Is a used (real) sega even 30 pounds? "

Sega what? Master system? Mega Drive? Dreamcast?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 10:27
You need to pay around £35 ($55 USD) for a working original console with all the parts. Yopu need to pay double that for one is reasonable condition and at that price you don't get any games.

To get the above deal with all of those games you'd probably need to pay at least £200+ if you got lucky, and probably £300+. Then you have to find space for 60 cartridges

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 11:02
Prices in the UK can be a bit steep for original hardware. I recently bought an Atari ST, C64 and Spectrum, and the ST was the cheapest of the lot at £30, the Speccy was £40 and the C64 £50.

There are a good few Megadrive variants like this, probably because they do make financial sense and sell well in Europe, and the games like Sonic, Ecco etc can still appeal to kids. I have a handheld MD with 30+ games and it's the size of a Penguin biscuit. I think that was about £25... I have a soft spot for any gaming device with a TFT screen that costs less than £30

It's a bit of a shame that there's no decent sports games on the list though - Sensible Soccer, NBA Jam or NHL would have made all the difference I think. I guess the EA sports games for MD are dirt cheap at least because there are so damn many of them.

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 12:19 Edited at: 20th May 2015 12:22
40 in 1 carts are like worth a dollar. There's no real value there. I just checked my local game store site and they're 25 usd with one controller in perfectly good condition. Also there's no way those third party controllers are anywhere as good as the original sega genesis controllers (which I think even surpass the SNES, sacrilege to say I know) Though I usually have to completely tear down and clean any controllers I buy from that place, but they do offer a 30 day warranty on it all.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2015 12:47
I am not a huge fan of the genesis controller D-pad - but one summer I broke my left wrist and I could only play the genesis, it's the only controller I could use one-handed

Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 16:21
hmm seems to be £42.99 now, or is that just for us Aussies.. oh well

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 01:59
not as fun as having the games on consol but you can play a lot of them here.

https://archive.org/details/consolelivingroom

gamer, lover, filmmaker
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2015 08:55
I already have a Sega Mega Drive in excellent condition with tonnes of games, plus a Sega CD II and Master System adapter. No way I'm selling it - I still haven't finished Flashback

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:08:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:08:25