Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 16:10
Back Story
A huge number of the population has become ill with a disease. You have to inject a single genetically modified infected cell into various locations in a patients body to cure them. Any cells which touch your engineered cell will themselves become infected. Any which touch those will in turn be infected, and so on. You must infect and destroy a certain number of cells in each location.

There are special cells already in the body which, if you are lucky enough to find, you can use to help you such as ones which slow the cells decay or make them grow to a larger size.

Screenshots

Special Bonus Cells

Video

https://youtu.be/RJpbRpI8i0w

Notes:
This is actually based on a game I wrote many years ago in DarkBasic Pro - but never quite got finished. It will now make its way onto mobile devices once I have polished it a bit more and tweaked the difficulty of the levels.

Chart data provided with kind permission from ELSPA
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2015 19:15 Edited at: 22nd May 2015 19:17
Can't wait to try this! It reminds me of a [EDIT] PSN Minis zombie game called OMG-Z where you had to shoot zombies and they would die/explode in different ways to kill other zombies causing a chain reaction. It had terrible graphics, but the game-play was SO addictive!

The graphics are looking very nice!

Good luck with this one

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2015 23:21
Thank you very much CJB. I hope you will like it.

I had not come across OMG-Z but just watched the trailer on YouTube. I'll have to see if I can still get it on PSN as it does look like fun. With any luck, Cell Infex will trigger that similar "just one more go" feeling.

It is very close to being ready for release now. I thought only giving the player one attempt/life would give it appeal to hardcore gamers but it was just too difficult - running the risk of being frustrating. The player now gets 3 lives and I have tweaked the difficulty to try and make it a smooth progression. That has proven tricky.

Chart data provided with kind permission from ELSPA
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2015 19:46
Looking great zappo, way to go. I love the transition effect that you did, very slick - as is the title screen.

Nice to see more apps getting done with AGK.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:30:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:30:08