Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [Released] Block Tappy!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2015 15:25 Edited at: 29th May 2015 15:27
Another one for my 'Block' collection lol... Block Tappy! is a fast paced reaction game, tap only the Blue blocks, do not let any slip away and do not tap any black blocks...

Google Play

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2015 15:26
Screen Print 2...

Attachments

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2015 15:26
Screen Print 3...

Attachments

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2015 16:10
I will send to my family for testing, they are addicted to Piano Tiles, which is the same idea.

I'm liking your visual style, it is being slowly finetuned to perfection.

There were a couple of things I'd suggest...

1. Have a mode where you can switch off music but clicking the blocks makes a noise. I think this is needed to provide user feedback. (Piano tiles plays a tune as you click through the tiles)
2. I'm not convinced the game always registered a good tap. But maybe point 1 would help confirm this one.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2015 16:23
Quote: "Have a mode where you can switch off music but clicking the blocks makes a noise"

Good idea... Will look for a decent sound for this.

Quote: " I'm not convinced the game always registered a good tap."

I'm not convinced either to be honest, I've looked into this for quite some time. All I'm doing is checking for a SpriteHit with GetPointerPressed() and the X/Y location. I have a feeling, it may help if I had an additional touch event, as opposed to single touch... Will do some more experiments...

Thanks for the feedback, its appreciated...

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2015 18:51
Yet again another great game with the blocks, well done.
Think my phone memory is nearly full now with your games

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2015 19:41
Quote: "All I'm doing is checking for a SpriteHit with GetPointerPressed() and the X/Y location. I have a feeling, it may help if I had an additional touch event, as opposed to single touch... Will do some more experiments..."

I think you are doing the right thing for a fast game like this to get the Pressed action, rather than the Released action (which you would do for button presses).

GetPointerPressed() should be OK. GetPointerX/Y should be OK too. But maybe there is a situation where the user presses 2 blocks in the same frame. In this case you are only getting one of them. So maybe it needs GetRawTouchCount() and its siblings to capture everything.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 02:11
Well this is another of your games where the kids have downloaded and then proceeded to rip me to shreds on the hi-scores!!

Keep it up Funnell7 these games are very good.

Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 03:56 Edited at: 1st Jun 2015 04:00
I tried to get this yesterday, but was having connection issues.
Will try again tonight, and I'll be back for feedback...

Quote: "Keep it up Funnell7 these games are very good."

I am still waiting for some kind of Block Mania game, where we get each of these as levels of a collective master block game edition.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 17:49
Quote: "Block Mania"

Now that is an awesome game in the making

Still cant finish 50 blocks yet though, still trying

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 20:07 Edited at: 1st Jun 2015 20:40
Quote: "But maybe there is a situation where the user presses 2 blocks in the same frame."

This is exactly what I am thinking... I have made an update now which allows for multi touch. I think this has made a big difference to how responsive it is... Update available on Google Play.

Quote: "Well this is another of your games where the kids have downloaded and then proceeded to rip me to shreds on the hi-scores!! Keep it up Funnell7 these games are very good."

Lol and Thanks!

Quote: "I am still waiting for some kind of Block Mania game, where we get each of these as levels of a collective master block game edition."

Hmmmm... Now that is a good idea!! The question is... Do I have the stomach to merge all these apps, the thought of it alone makes me feel sick lol...

EDIT: Actually, I think I need to revisit the touch commands again As it is, the touch is maintained until you release, which kills you if you leave your finger on too long (as it hits the black block). What I really need, is GetRawTouchPressed() which doesn't exist... I know you tried to help me with this before BatVink, in another thread, but I just couldn't get my head around it... I'll have another play.

EDIT2: Scrap that... Figured something out... Plays much better now. Update on its way.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 20:17
Quote: "Hmmmm... Now that is a good idea!! The question is... Do I have the stomach to merge all these apps, the thought of it alone makes me feel sick lol..."

lol, I know what you mean, I have just been looking at my Paint Pot app and thought I would put a zoom option on there but when I realised I would have to change about 50% of my code it put me right off!
Maybe when I have had a break from it haha!

Looking at the update

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 20:44
I am still rubbish at this game but it is a great little app again.
Not sure now if the controls are a little too sensitive?

Not sure if it is something to do with it detecting if you keep your finger on the screen.

Eg: If you have a line of blocks, you can keep your finger on the screen and it will get rid of them instead of keep tapping but this has a down side that when the game speeds up it doesn't give you time to take your finger off the screen after pressing a block and then sometimes hits a black block by mistake.

Don't know if this makes sense??
Another great game though.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 21:24
Definitely does make sense, and I think our posts may have crossed paths lol. If you take a look at my edits in my previous post, this is the same as what I am referring too. Was definitely an issue, which I have now resolved and uploaded... Update should be available in a couple hours. Thanks for the feedback as always

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 23:03
Will update and try later, crazy, must have been typing at the same time lol

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 23:14
Well done you have it spot on!! Great.
Thumbs are going crazy, get in the 50's more often now and feels responsive.
Just right!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 05:00:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 05:00:56