Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / New guy introduction and question :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hellos, Been watching the forums for about 3 days now and picked up AppGameKit 2 from Steam.

Some background on me before I ask my question.

I do come from a slightly knowledgeable coding background , LSL (Linden Scripting Language) , PHP/Mysql (learning PDO method as my original style was 'bad') and the occasional python for tinkering with Blender addon stuff.

I Understand this AppGameKit 2 program really well but havent fully learned all its 'commands'/functions yet (Tier 1, will branch Tier 2 in time once I gather the mechanics of AppGameKit 2) , my question is for now as there will be many is how can I detect the 'pressure' of an angle?

Example would be I click hold and move the pointer around , how can i detect the speed at which Im dragging?

I havent been able to find anything like this yet that would assist me yet , or I could have my terms all wrong , but if anyone can help that would rock

Thanks

~Shave~
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2015 10:29
You can use the pointer commands to detect a drag by storing the previous value as a variable:

Then you can wrap it all up in a single function like this:

Now when you are dragging pointerState will be '1' and the amount of drag will be stored in dragX and dragY:

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:50:44
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:50:44