Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there any way to move the entire group of visible particles (instead of the simple moving of the emitter)?

thx for the help

Lucka - gawteam coder - www.gawgames.com
Lucka
Years of Service
User Offline
I try to explain in a different way:

Imagine a checkboard, the tower have a smoke effect from the top, realized with a particle (from cloth & particle expansions or spark or whatever).

for some reason i want to rotate the check board 180° INSTEAD of rotate the camera and i want the the smoke (the entire smoke) follow the tower.

usually the "already emitted" smoke will live, transform and die in the old position and new smoke will grow in the new position.

What i want is the ENTIRE smoke column follow the tower.
Basically, is possible to move the already emitted particles?

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 23rd Jun 2015 13:38
If it's just one such tower it might be easier to move everything else instead.

Powered by Free Banners
Lucka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2015 17:30 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2015 17:32
ok in fact the situation is like this: i have a HUGE world to move under the camera, in fact the map is something like 1550 x 1500 locations, i visualize only a square 100x100 portion of this map.

when i move on the surface of the world i SHIFT the content of the 100x100 grid troght the big map.

when i find a city the big house with the smoke is actualy MOVING and the smoke emitter move with the house.
but the "already emitted" particles remains in the old position

in the bad old particle commands of the original naked DBPro there was:
MOVE PARTICLE and MOVE PARTICLE EMITTER.

The first one was moving ALL the emitter AND particles all togheter, the second was moving only the emitter, like we usually use particle emitter

i'd like to do something similar with newer and better particle system like C&P or Spark..

Hotline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2015 10:38 Edited at: 24th Jun 2015 10:42
Hi ! In SPARK wrapper thats not possible. (in the irrlicht version of SPARK it is. By setting the system to be world transformed or local)

The problem is i don't know where the SPARK Wrapper source is (i'm certainly sure i wrote it on some dvd but i can't find it)

The only workaround i can come up with is after you moved your model move the particles too (individually) something like this :

although if you planning to rotate your objects this wont work.. you also need to rotate the particles around the object's rotation center. (idk how to do that in DBPro )

[href=forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191567&b=5]Spark Particle engine[/href]
[href=forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=199163&b=5]Transform gizmo plugin[/href]
Lucka
Years of Service
User Offline
yes.. i tried like that, but is too time expensive when you have 12 or more particle emitters..

i think i will write a simple particle system (i need only smoke, a simple kind of smoke)

btw.. irrlicht??

(thx for the help!)

Adrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2015 23:20
I too have been trying to find a way to do this. Any emitted particles seem to be under their own control with no way for us to access them. I would guess that there's an area of memory where these are being stored but I think it's unlikely that we will be able to access it safely.

I have tried the Spark particles stuff but found it didn't entirely play nicely with Blitz terrain system. (I kept getting tearing in the display) so haven't used it much in the latest project.

Guess I'll have to try something else, but will check to see if anyone manages to come up with something.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:51:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:51:04