Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] Pixl - the pixel programming language [AGK2]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2015 05:17 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2015 07:03
Hello folks. I want to show you something of my current work.

- its like ehh.. dawing code xD

Introduction:

Pixl is a new kind of Basic programming language. All commands or signs are represented as a colored plain "pixel". Each pixel can
represent a symbol like 1,2,3,A,B,C or a Function. The pixels have to be placed on a two dimensional board. The beginning of your program will be marked with a green "start" pixel. The end of your program has to be marked with and "end" pixel. Inbetween you can use the space to create software. I needed this kind of compiler to create games inside games. For example I want to add a slot machine inside the insel simulator. If you activate the machine, you see a minigame programmed in pixl. There minigames could be taken to other games. This compiler and interpreter is also useful to create a very intense version of an engine debugger. I will build this scripting code inside my 3d game engines and could call every single function inside a script

My thoughts went to a community project where a game has to be build inside an app - Multiplayer.
Pixl should only be simple test, but resulted in this project.

What it can:

* About 120 Commands
* Compile code
* Saving code
* Loading code

What it can't:

* Calculate (actually Iam trying to solve that problem right now)

Please share your thoughts on this one

Downloads:
Currently no demo available (will upload once I have solved the calculation problem)

Video:

Screenshots:

[/url]
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2015 17:04
Is this to be a stand-alone product, or strictly used inside your own apps? Just asking because section 1.4(a) of the EULA states:

Quote: "1.4 For the purposes of this Agreement the term 'App' means an interactive entertainment software game whose sole purpose is to entertain its user and which is made using the Software in accordance with its associated documentation. The term App expressly excludes:

(a) any software tool or software product which can (or might) be used in order to create further games or other software products;"

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2015 22:04
Hello CJB,

Pixl is not capable of creating own, standalone software products.

But as I mentioned it in my first post, I would be glad if I could bundle Pixl with Image and Sound tools together with a server, like
an open world game, but you can add own functionality and media to it and share it directly with all the other players. I actually have to admit that I do not know what the EULA say to such a project. What do you think about this?

My main inspiration for PIXL comes from this video: (watch to the end)

[/url]
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2015 06:24 Edited at: 4th Jul 2015 04:59
i think their is a few ways to avoid eula problems....

1) have it output agk code.... (so the user needs to own agkv2 to compile it)
2) use it for yourself as a registered agk user.

i think it is kinda redundant to have an interpreter running on an interpreter language .... may run allot slower performing the same functions...

just my thoughts.

www.sheldonscreations.com
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2015 18:32
This clause is to stop you wrapping up AppGameKit into another app with their commands and essentially selling the same thing.

As long as you need AppGameKit to produce an executable of any kind, you should be OK.

My first impression is that you are exposing the AppGameKit commands in your own game engine. All of your commands are AppGameKit commands. Even if you can't create a standalone program, somebody can use your engine for personal use and create games without buying AGK. I would talk to TGC before you put too much effort in and clarify the situation.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2015 11:11
You can be pretty sure that if the user needs to own AppGameKit to compile your games that TGC will not have a problem with it. If someone can download your software and create full games that can be redistributed as standalone software without owning AppGameKit then TGC will have a problem with it.

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jun 2015 03:44
JACK dude! this is AWESOME.
very inspiring hope everything goes well with TGC btw
Batvink and baxslash...

what if (only an idea i honestly dont really understand EULA )

but what if ...
you can buy Pixel Engine and yet still pay TGC... i mean .. if you buy this Engine Jack will have to pay a percentage value to TGC ? is that possible ?
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2015 10:06
Quote: "but what if ...
you can buy Pixel Engine and yet still pay TGC... i mean .. if you buy this Engine Jack will have to pay a percentage value to TGC ? is that possible ?"

I guess you'd have to ask TGC about something like that. Possibly not out of the question.

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:27:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:27:58