Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Editbox problem, dark screen lock, large editbox image in center of screen.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi ppl

I am new to AKG2 but I did search the forum for my problem before making this post, I have seen a good few editbox problems but so far I haven't seen this one posted yet.

btw this all works on from the ide on a pc this only happens on bluestacks and my galaxy S4

I have tried to sort it out myself but have to admit defeat it may be something simple in which case I will have lived up to my screen name :/

problem starts when I click on the the 3rd editbox everything works fine until then, when the 3rd editbox is clicked on the screen goes goes darker and seems to lock and a larger image of the editbox appears in the middle of the screen, on Bluestacks nothing can be done until the back key is clicked.

on my phone I get the same dark screen lock but I can still enter chars into the edit.

a screen shot is attached and the 2 code folders zipped in the dropbox link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4tgi82hjcn0fki5/AAAU3ZRT8JbHfo-s4SDoK9AHa?dl=0

Example 1

I have commented out most of the code but it doesn't help.

I tried a different method

Example 2

with the same result it's like my code is infected if I start fresh I dont have the problem but I dont want to have to rewrite all my code from scratch again if this is something silly simple.

thank you taking the time to read this.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2015 18:51
Welcome

I haven't looked at your problem in detail, but I think there is some automatic functionality that kicks in if the edit box would be overlaid by the keyboard. This looks possible in your case. I always put my edit boxes in the top half of the screen, so I haven't experienced this problem myself.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Brainless
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for looking and the welcome

I have read some posts about the keyboard being a problem but most just say that the box was hidden under the keyboard so I never gave that a thought, I will test it now with my fingers cross.

BRB
Brainless
Years of Service
User Offline
Oops....the reason I didn't realised this was because I never had the blue stacks on screen keyboard enabled as soon as I found it in the settings and enabled it it was so obvious all I was seeing was a locked shaded out screen...omg! this had me going for a whole week ripping my code apart lol well at least I got it a bit more streamlined.

I am soooo.... looking forward to the more complicated stuff

Thnx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:27:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:27:30