Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [AGKII - Released] Swipe'taire

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2015 19:30 Edited at: 9th Jul 2015 19:35
Swipe'taire

Swipe'taire is a solitaire game that tests your reflexes and puts your memory skills to the ultimate challenge!

Hey forumknights! I've just released my latest game, called Swipe'taire. It's a solitaire game that requires memory skills and fast reflexes. This is a game I came up with while working on Starvenger. Nice distraction, I needed a break from my big project to work on a small project, lol.

It's a very simple game to play. You draw your first card, commit it to memory than swipe it away. Than you draw your second card and must swipe it left if it's lower or swipe it right if it's a higher value than the previous card. You must be quick as you only have 3 seconds. Correctly swiped cards gain you a point and second while incorrectly swiped cards loose you a second.

The game features an online leaderboard too! Let's see some awesome scores!

Screenshots:

DOWNLOAD - GOOGLE PLAY

Please give it a try and rate it if you like it!

Thanks guys! Later!

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2015 04:23 Edited at: 13th Jul 2015 06:15
Cool game.
Clean, simple, fast paced fun!

232!

I don't mind the dots on the background so much, but those spots on the card faces causes a blur for me.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2015 01:19
Nice distraction

I think it needs to speed up as you go to force the end of the game, I found that the only thing that was going to stop me was getting distracted or battery power. It revealed something quite interesting...after about 3 minutes I could almost do it without "seeing" the numbers, my brain just registered the next move subconsciously.

I've just implemented an AppGameKit version of my leaderboard, hopefully I'll do it as well and seamlessly as yours

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2015 05:48 Edited at: 14th Jul 2015 05:53
Quote: "I found that the only thing that was going to stop me was getting distracted or battery power."

Yeah, distractions.
I kept messing up when I noticed my time getting over 10 seconds.

Quote: "after about 3 minutes I could almost do it without "seeing" the numbers, my brain just registered the next move subconsciously."

Next time try it with your helmet on, with the blast shield down.
Trust your instincts. Use the force.

Quote: "I think it needs to speed up as you go to force the end of the game"

Not that kind of force. Seriously though, progression in difficulty would be nice.

Quote: "I've just implemented an AppGameKit version of my leaderboard, hopefully I'll do it as well and seamlessly as yours "

I had trouble with it at first.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2015 05:48
Thanks for trying it out guys! I did not see that coming! I thought I had the difficulty set and did not expect such high scores. Good show! lol

I might have to release a new version with difficulty settings. What do you think?

Quote: "I've just implemented an AppGameKit version of my leaderboard, hopefully I'll do it as well and seamlessly as yours "

Thanks If you need help let me know! Are you using your own system?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2015 09:55
I have the code written and working, it's a rewrite of the one I made in DBPro in 2011. The bit I always struggle with is making the high scores look presentable...and readable.

I'm also recording other things which should make the experience more addictive, that would suit your app. I'm comparing reaction times, clicking accuracy, "chicken" stats for people who bottle out early etc. At the end of the game I have the ability to show the player how they compare in many different ways. I'm also checking how long people play for in one session and other stats. It will be one big experiment for future apps.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2015 05:20
Quote: "I'm also recording other things which should make the experience more addictive, that would suit your app. I'm comparing reaction times, clicking accuracy, "chicken" stats for people who bottle out early etc. At the end of the game I have the ability to show the player how they compare in many different ways. I'm also checking how long people play for in one session and other stats."

Yeah JLMoondog, you need that stuff too.
Then, you could tell BatVink how many attempts it took me to get a 423.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2015 05:41
Good idea! I've actually been dabbling with profile creation and login with agk on a server. That's something id really like to implement down the line for a few projects of mine.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2015 15:25 Edited at: 15th Jul 2015 15:50
Quote: "I've actually been dabbling with profile creation and login with agk on a server. That's something id really like to implement down the line for a few projects of mine."

That would be cool.
I need to dust off my old PHP book and do some server sided scripting myself at some point.
It would be nice to have a login for a coin based play/reward system.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2015 06:52
For my big projects, I'd love to have a dedicated server for profiles so people can login and save data and be able to play their own personal characters across multiple games and platforms. My ultimate goal.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2015 16:46 Edited at: 17th Jul 2015 16:50
Quote: "For my big projects, I'd love to have a dedicated server for profiles so people can login and save data and be able to play their own personal characters across multiple games and platforms. My ultimate goal."

Same idea here.
One login handle and avatar for each user on all my games.
'Coins' rewarded in one game could be used to buy items for another.
That way, they can play the ones they are good at to help them progress in the ones they are not so good at.
On the arcade end, two monetary systems... silver coins bought with cash to play the games, and gold coins rewards to redeem prizes/in-game purchases.
That way, when they load their ID with silver at the counter, that one purchase would be used to play any of the games instead of shoveling quarters into each one.
That would save time handle/counting all the revenue, and keep the cash in the register instead of spread out in all the machines.
The login could be on a drop down list, whereas your ID is added as active when you enter the arcade and register at the counter. (keeping list small)
All they need then is to enter their PIN/Password when starting a game, and the list would be wiped clean by admin at the end of the day.
Think LAN arcade, which would be nice to have separate single player machines linked for multiplayer action.
That is my ultimate goal, but I am starting out with regular retro coin drops until I get it all worked out.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2015 03:47
Cool little game!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 07:29:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 07:29:34