Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Can't use quote characters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I have bought AppGameKit 2 with the humble bundle, however, whilst trying this out, I have found myself unable to use the quotes ("") and it gets replaced instead by ยจ which won't work as quote marks.

There has been a topic about this already, however, Ctrl + shift does not work for me.

Hope someone can help because I wouldn't know how to fix it right now :x

-Jellp

o/
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2015 13:14
Welcome to the Community

Did you follow the full instructions, including the new Keyboard Settings part...

Quote: "Installed another keyboard setting on Windows and start using that one inside AppGameKit IDE.. (through ctrl+shift)"

It would be helpful to know your Keyboard type (US, British, European...) and the Windows language you are using. There will be somebody here with the same setup that can help.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Jellp
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you, I hope I'll stay a while for fun. ^-^

My keyboard type is US and the language I'm using with Windows is Dutch.

It appears that I only had the US layout ready on Windows, after adding the Dutch layout I was able to get quotes with shift+2. However, I am unable to switch layout with a shortcut (both ctrl_shift and left_alt+shift don't work) This makes it a rather unpreferred solution.

I don't understand to the full instructions you're referring to, did I miss something I should've read?

o/
Jo Bach
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I use the dutch too.

What I do is press shift+ctrl at the same time once. Your keyboard will automatically switch.

Afther that, press shift + 2. Then you have the correct-".

When to go back, press shift + ctrl once together once again.

It works for me, should be for you too!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:55:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:55:42