Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / framedrops while looping music

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2015 03:48
At the moment when the music restart, I have a little framedrop, nothing huge but still annoying (5-10% of drop).
Is there are reason why that happens and maybe a fix for this?
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2015 00:22 Edited at: 16th Jul 2015 00:23
I learned not to loop music, as it did exactly what you are experiencing. The following code is not a fix, but a workaround that I use.

You're probably wondering why I would stop the music, when it would already be stopped at that point, but it's the only way it works for me. It doesn't work right without it.

EDIT: You would need to include this within the program to where it will be checked every iteration.

So many games to code.....so little time.
Cescano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2015 22:27
I have tried your code and there is still a framedrop, it doesn't change anything between that and loop music, the only solution I have found is to use loop sound instead of loop music, seems that there is no framedrops at all using sound instead of music

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:53:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:53:20