Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Antialiasing working only with 1 videocard

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2015 04:55 Edited at: 19th Jul 2015 05:07
I use set display mode sw,sh,32,0,8,0 to enable a 8x antialiasing.
If I execute the game with my intel hd4000 it works and infact the framerate drops a lot, if I try to execute the game with the nvidia gt 635m (my notebook has 2 videocards), the antialiasing is not working, there is no framedrops and the edges of the objects are clearly not make smooth by the antialiasing.

Why this happens? How could be fixed?

Edit:

Nevermind, my nvidia control panel was forcing AA disabled, probably I have changed it some times ago while I was trying to get some more fps while racing with rfactor 2 (which is very heavy and bad optimized)
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 20th Jul 2015 13:46
AA inside DBPro drops fps badly. Also i cant get it work with deferred shading. So i use this fullscreen shader instead http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=212673&b=6

Cescano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2015 22:02
That could be an option, but trying that demo I have noticed that the textures look blurred with AA On.

By the way, usually my game performs better with the hd4000, but if I try to enable antialiasing and anisotropic filter the nvidia card handles it way better, I can't explain these performance differences

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:36:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:36:52