Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Text not displaying correctly in display mode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2015 02:33
I am using a window that resizes to the desktop width and height, and the display mode also gets set to those dimensions, but whenever I use the text command, it displays it with some bits of the text cut off. Is there anyway to fix this? It's as if the display mode is squashing the text. Setting the text to a bigger size seems to fix it, but the text looks too big.

www.liambradburymusic.com - professional music for your games.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2015 02:47
are you using default text/size?

does it happen if you use full screen or full desktop?

what is the specific width height resolution took are using?

LiamBradbury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2015 02:59
Hi Ortu

It doesn't work with fonts under size 20, but that font is too big, the size I am using is 16.

It still happens in full desktop

The resolution I am using is 1440x900

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2015 17:05
I've actually had issues with that resolution - when I try to use desktop height and width, it's like it doesn't return to correct resolution - I have to hard-code it instead. Works fine on my main PC, but when I work on my netbook with that res I get these same issues.

It looks to me like the screen is being scaled weirdly, so losing whole strips of pixels, maybe even having to downscale the image to the window - typically an upscale is obvious because you'll get blurring. I think the desktop height and width check is returning a resolution bigger than the actual screem, and the re-scaling is causing these issues.

Try specifying the resolution instead of checking the desktop res, I'm sure that'll 'fix' it.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2015 22:42
hmm I've always wondered why Evolved loads user32.dll to get the desktop resolution instead of just using the dbpro built in commands, might explain it.

LiamBradbury
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2015 23:06
Thanks guys, I just set it to a specific resolution (1366x768) instead of checking the desktop dimensions and it works fine.

Thanks for your help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:12:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:12:55