Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Does anyone have or know where to find extended font image?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2015 00:03
As the title says, I need a working extended font image
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2015 00:34
Hmm, I think I can help point you in one direction..

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=214774&b=48

Cheers!

theUsual
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2015 00:48
Thanks Mate!

Now, I've read the documentation on this subject, but I can't get it to work, here's the code I'm trying to execute.

This does not work either:

The old text is still showing.
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2015 02:58 Edited at: 24th Jul 2015 03:00
you need to do this..

this loads the extended font image and assigns it to the Default Font and Default Extended font.

once you load and assign the extended font, the CreateText should work as intended with the new bitmap font.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

theUsual
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2015 03:41
Yes! It did the job! Didn't know you had to set the standard ascii before the extended one.

However, I still get wierd characters when typing a extended ascii character directly into the code like this:

It works fine when using chr():

Is chr() the only way I can display extended ascii characters to the screen? It seems I will be fine using only the chr() command, but it will be a lot more messy.

Thanks again for help ^^
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2015 14:34 Edited at: 24th Jul 2015 14:34
if you test the following code you should get an output to your screen that looks like the sample below the code. (the red "Program Output..." text was added after cropping the screen capture in my paint program.)

Note: in the 3rd text string I had to play using the chr(34) quotation marks and chr(41) close bracket in order for the output to match what the line of code looked like.

I hope this helps,.. if you still can't get the extended characters to show properly you'll need someone with more knowledge to help you.

Cheers!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
theUsual
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2015 20:24 Edited at: 24th Jul 2015 21:37
Well, using your code above did not change anything on my side. Here's a picture.

I'm still getting the wrong characters, and an à character is added before almost every extended character.
Typing alt+0216 gives me Ø, but my keyboard layout already includes my three special characters Æ Ø Å.

Anyone know how to get around this?

EDIT: My keyboard layout is Norwegian, but my Windows 7 OS is in English, if that makes a difference.
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2015 02:58
My guess would be that the windows 7 Norwegian keyboard remaps the special characters to existing ascii keys and this is what is throwing off the code offsets. Or, the Norwegian keyboard in Win7 is mapped using Unicode, and not ascii. these bitmap fonts are mapped to ascii and are not compatible with Unicode.

I do not think AppGameKit supports Unicode character mapping for international character sets. I remember in another thread they were having the same problem with Japanese key mapping.

Sorry that my samples did not resolve the problem, I suspect AppGameKit is having trouble with international 'localization' of the key mapping.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge might be able to shed more light on this subject.

Cheers!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:27:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:27:17