Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / DroidBall testers please ?!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2015 17:19 Edited at: 9th Aug 2015 19:51
Well, after a few days of finishing off the 3D editor and trying to finish off the 2D editor, I have managed to mostly complete DroidBall. I have a early version that I need testing before I wrap things up with it.
the more testers the merrier! Since the last version I have added and fixed these things:

Collision pausing during pickups (turned off the collision of the main players character (ball) after realising that it was not needed!
Dropped the huge sky sphere and instead might finally add the odd moving cloud underneath the levels!
Added a pairing system where I can pair any 2 object within the editor, the first object selected is classed as the 'host' and the second selected is the client, using raycasting along with this allows me to do all sorts!
Added a door and key system (later levels not included here!)
'
Added teleporters using the aforementioned pairing system, again these are for later levels not included!
I have basically included 8 starter levels and designed them hopefully in a progressive way until the player is used to the movement/obstacles!

To start the game just click the button, if you do the last level then it will simply loop back to level 1 in this version, also there are yet to be lives added or timers!

No sounds just yet though as some know I am working on the levels tunes..
FPS readout is there for all who test to report back!

Of course I want your general opinion of the game play and any suggestions for improvements and the not so good reports of bugs (hopefully non!)
click the link below!

***Edit: link removed, there was no interest anyhow, but also I found some levels difficult myself, mostly the spinning cylinder shapes, I have decided to double their scale along the x,z axis to make them even possible to negotiate. I will test it on all the devices I have, though a few more would have been handy, but what do I do about that?

Hail to the king, baby!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2015 21:08
The Google Developer console now has open Alpha/Beta testing. So you can upload to your developer account, provide a link and then it doesn't have to be sideloaded to test.

I will test when I get back home from my trip.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, never knew that, thanks, I don't really follow all that.. errr.. stuff.. I was thinking of something else starting with s then!

Hail to the king, baby!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 11:50:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 11:50:54