Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Multisync Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2015 05:35
I am doing some tests with multiplayer stuff because I need to add it to my game.
For the moment I am just testing a separate exe, just with menu to find open rooms and join them.
Dbpro to php (server) side it's all fine, the only problem is that when I use Multisync to create a net and join it with the same exe launched twice, I get an error saying (could not join. Error: TIMED OUT)

in the server part of the exe the Multisync commands I am using are:

net set port PortMultiSync
NET HOST 2

and in the loop:

newClient = net player joined()

in the client:

net set port PortMultiSync
net connect IPToConnect$

Obviously there is much more code, the server exe has already contacted the php server (real OVH server)passing to it his IP, and the client retrieve the IP contacting the real server.
After that I call these commands to let them join each other.

Maybe the problem is that I am testing the exes on the same pc so the client is trying to connect with himself causing the error?
Cescano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2015 21:11 Edited at: 30th Aug 2015 21:48
Probably is because I was using the WAN address which is used when connecting from the internet and not from the same router.
Using the LAN address the connection is estabilished, but I can't understand why the connection close after like 15 seconds, maybe because I am not passing any value between them?

EDIT:

Yes, tested passing a long variable every second and the connection never close, probably if you don't pass anything for 15-20 seconds it closes automatically

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:35:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:35:57