Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Photo to Mesh / Model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2015 18:03
Does anyone have a DBPro program that can turn a photo into a .X model?

I have a project to turn photos into 3D models that I'll send to my 3D printer but I'm having a hard time finding a good program for that.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 5th Sep 2015 20:02 Edited at: 5th Sep 2015 20:32
That sounds very like something that Scraggle was playing with a few years ago. In his case he was using some software which turned photos of your head into a model of your head. Perhaps the software concerned has progressed beyond that? A search on Scraggle's threads should reveal the name.

Edit Here's the link:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=104621&b=1

Actually I have my doubts about how such a program would work for a general object, e.g. where would it get its position or depth information from?

Edit2 Hmm? According to this link such things might be possible - but the discussion on youtube suggests it might be fake. Watch this space.

http://gizmodo.com/this-impossible-software-can-make-3d-models-from-a-sing-1277902245