Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / 'dim answers [ 14 ] as string' fails but 13 works fine!?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just picked up the AGK2 trial and diving straight in to see what i can break! Appreciate some guidance on why adding more than 13 entries in my DIM seems to fail?

Press and hold LEFT ARROW and release for result

IT'S ALL CAPS!!!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2015 15:01
What isn't working? It compiles and runs OK for me when I comment out the first line and use the second.

(I had to edit a couple of things that stopped it compiling at all under both scenarios, my code below)

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
skylab
Years of Service
User Offline
With the original code posted, I was able to increase the value in the totalAnswers by 1 and then add another field to the array.

This worked fine for the first 12 entries but then increasing the number of answers beyond 13 would cause the showResult stage to output nothing.

Syntax was identical, just another: ,"entry" added to the end of the array before the closing ']'.

Odd you didn't get the same? I'm using build 107 in case that's relevant.

Will try your amends now. Thanks!

IT'S ALL CAPS!!!
skylab
Years of Service
User Offline
After testing the amended code I still get a blank screen when compiled / run. This isn't a limitation of the AGK2 Trial?

IT'S ALL CAPS!!!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2015 20:08 Edited at: 6th Sep 2015 20:11
I just downloaded the trial - it has a date of May 2012.
This is a hugely out of date version of AGK. Arrays have had a massive overhaul since then, with much more functionality and stability.

Unless you found a trial more up to date than this one, it is not representative of AppGameKit today.

[EDIT...]
Quote: "I'm using build 107 in case that's relevant."

That is version 1 build 7. It is not even an up to date V1. I see there is demo on Steam, but I'm not sure what version. Steam started at V2 release 13, so it should be a better option.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
skylab
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks BatVink, a relief to hear that!

The official download link for the trial is: http://files.thegamecreators.com/agk/AppGameKitTrial.zip

Which provides an installer for V1074

Checking the steam trial download now...

IT'S ALL CAPS!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:01:01
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:01:01