Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Mod Compatibility Question

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2015 05:07
Hi everyone, I'm strongly considering completed a game using FPSCx9 rather than Game Guru. Seeing as how Game Guru is going to take years to get to the same level we are at with FPSCx9.

I have a question about mods however, as I find they have many interesting features that may be of good use for my game. If i were to save my game in a modded version of FPSCx9 would I still be able to open it in the unmodded version afterwards? Or will there be compatibility issues?

(Teabone)
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2015 17:36
Quote: "I have a question about mods however, as I find they have many interesting features that may be of good use for my game. If i were to save my game in a modded version of FPSCx9 would I still be able to open it in the unmodded version afterwards? Or will there be compatibility issues?"

You might get lucky and be able to save in modded and open in unmodded, but any features (scripts, etc) that are in modded will not work in unmodded. Also recognized that save/load routines usually get altered around between modded and unmodded, which leads to massive issues when trying to load a modded save into an unmodded variation. For example, variables that may be used in modded version that do not exist in the unmodded; you attempt to open that save with variable usage in unmodded and it does not load; doors not opening properly or appear open but you can't pass through them. I could list more examples but you get the point.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:17:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:17:02