Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Which bundle id is used when exporting to .ipa?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2015 14:39
I have recently made two test apps (Tier 1) and exported them to .ipa.
when i want to install these two apps on my iphone using doublelick on .ipa, itunes says: you have already an existing app in your mediabase, want to overwrite it?

both ipa's had different names... i cannot install 2 different apps on the same device. what am i doing wrong?

--
Mac
MucMac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2015 12:16
For all others with the same problem as me:

i think i figured it out. You have to use the interpreter_ios template for the xCode Environment. Once you loaded interpreter_ios template into xCode, link your mediafolder to the resources tab on the left side. Now you can compile an run the Tier 1 app on your devices. And within Xcode you can adjust anything you need from startupscreens, bundle ids, developer ids, deployment targets and so on.

--
Mac
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline

Or you could just create 2 provisioning profiles , IOS dont use the file name , but the name from inside the provisioning profile. This way you can use the ide to export without using xcode.

best regards Preben Eriksen,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:24:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:24:14