Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / mousex() and mousey() problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2015 21:45
Sometimes these 2 commands seems not to return the correct values, and make for example errors when moving the cursor on a menu (such as highlighting different options even if the cursor is on 1 only)

What breaks these 2 commands? I had a majore problem before and I solved it by registering 2 variables at the start of the loop instead of checking them for each text field, but that still happens when I click a specific button, the code works fine so the problem is still the bug on these 2 commands.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Akhranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 25th Sep 2015 22:48
Quote: "What breaks these 2 commands? "

Using them more than once in the same sync cycle. Always read them into a variable first then. if you need them again in the same cycle, just use the variable. I always play safe and try to do that with all user input as some things get cleared when read.

Quote: "the code works fine so the problem is still the bug on these 2 commands."

Convince me.

Powered by Free Banners
Cescano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2015 01:46
The bug is a bit different than the one when you use a lot of times the mousex() and mousey() calls.

I can actually click anywhere and the position is correct, but for some reason on the quit menu both "yes" and "no" are highlighted.

The coordinates are correct because when I go there when I open the game, or when I come back from playing the game, they works, it only happens when I go back from the multiplayer page.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Akhranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 26th Sep 2015 19:35
Perhaps it's a coding error in the way you've handled the highlighting? It doesn't sound like a mousex()/mousey() issue at all.