Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / % Sytem (Filling the entire screen) and Physics

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2015 21:12 Edited at: 27th Sep 2015 22:00
I have been searching around the forums for examples of using the % System for filling the entire screen.

Here is what I have found.

My question is...Why is the physics not working correctly?
If you test the code you will see the Sprite falls to the ground, and is 1 pixel off from touching the ground when it stops.

Been trying to figure this problem out for awhile now

Any advice will be very much appreciated

Edit: Problem solved...I don't know why I was using SetPhysicsScale

Although when I removed the scale, it still does not fully touch the ground sprite. It is very close...but still no touch down. Any ideas?
I mean it is close enough too not really matter imo, but is this as good as it gets?

I adjusted the code above with no Physics Scale, If you test it you will see what I am talking about.

Beta Test Age of Knights:https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_AgeOfKnights
Download JellyFish Dive:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2015 02:13
Yup same problem here and it seems to be how high you jump from too. The higher the jump then no gap but the lower the jump you get the 1 pixel gap.

Also using the physics system, when you expand the screen it does not scale correctly either.

The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2015 03:12 Edited at: 28th Sep 2015 03:15
I finally got the hang of it after playing around all day.
I already have a Test Level Editor banged out in the %System

It took awhile to click...but once it did it was beautiful.
I wish I knew this ages ago, its so much cleaner looking and more organized

Iv been testing things on my Kindle / Android Phone and comparing it to my computer...ITS BEAUTIFUL!

The Test level editor I worked on today using this system was geared for a BreakOut game...Something real simple and I already have the Media.

Im going to use this to make a simple break out game to see if I can conquer it. Then move onto converting Age of Knights.
The breakout game shouldn\'t take me but 2 days to publish
We will see this is a very busy week.

I don\'t know why im so excited about something like this...It just hit the spot for some reason.

Heres just an example of what the level editor can do..And everything being sized to the screen.

That is 266 sprites on the screen that I have tested will resize to fit your device height and width

Beta Test Age of Knights:https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_AgeOfKnights
Download JellyFish Dive:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2015 13:25 Edited at: 29th Sep 2015 23:21
Quote: "I don\'t know why im so excited about something like this...It just hit the spot for some reason. "

I was the same and its because it is so hard to get your head around that when it clicks it all comes together with a sense of pride

</div>
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:27:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:27:34