Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / strange laptop image problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2015 13:40
I've just been testing one of my old shadow mapping demos and wanted to compare the performance using the default integrated graphics option against the high performance Nvidia card option.

When I tried to choose the option by right-clicking the exe file and choosing the appropriate Run with graphics processor option I got the familiar DBPro missing image file runtime error, i.e. "File does not exist at line 31" in this case. However, I get no such error when I run the exe in the usual way by double-clicking. This happens whichever option I choose. A quick test of other DBPro exe files doesn't reproduce the problem. The file in question certainly exists and is a standard 512x512 PNG image.

I've tried recompiling the exe file and the problem persists.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Powered by Free Banners
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Playing
Posted: 28th Oct 2015 15:30
Have you tried disabling the on board GPU? [Risk problem] you could do an image of your system before trying this... or check your BIOS for options relating to the add-on chip...
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2015 21:41
What is the bit depth of the PNG file?
Try replacing it with 16 or 24-bit, if the current one is less.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2015 23:26
Quote: "What is the bit depth of the PNG file?
Try replacing it with 16 or 24-bit, if the current one is less."

Yes, that's one thing I haven't tried. Other related things are changing the image file type - or even using a file that works in another demo. Still don't see why that should cause problems only when I choose the GPU.

Anyway, I'll test that and report back in a few days as I'm away till Saturday.