Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Synergy, an EXE, and no RUN - Oh MY!!

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 23:46
This is a very frustrating problem and I am trying not to have to spend two days rebuilding my OS and reloading everything. I have Windows 10 64-bit and as of last week all was dandy, until some glitch occurred and now NO EDITOR including Synergy, BlueIDE, or Codesurge could correct. All my DBPro programs will compile but refuse to execute. The one I have been working on for months will compile and build an EXE file but refuses to execute. Synergy shows:

Executing "C:\Users\thoma\Desktop\Master DPBPro Files-REBUILD\3D Game.exe" (current directory is C:\Users\thoma\Desktop\Master DPBPro Files-REBUILD\)

but nothing happens.

I have uninstalled DBPro twice and deleted the folder and reinstalled it and still will not run my compiled EXE files. Seems like the link MS uses to execute EXE files rejects DBPro Exe files. But I have looked till I am blue in the face for a solution to this problem. I see some others mention the same error and are told to use Synergy Editor, but it has not solved my EXE problem. Even "hello world" will compile but will not Run. Again I had no problems last week but I suspect an upgrade to Win 10 may have done something.

Any help anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated!!
When old programmers die...do they decompile?
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2015 00:21
Do you have a restore point or backup image from when it was still working ok?

When I first upgraded to 10 I found a few dbpro exes that wound not run (no errors, just did nothing), reinstalling directX 9.0c fixed it for me.
Naesa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2015 08:25
Quote: "reinstalling directX 9.0c fixed it for me."
agreed, this fixed quite a few things for me as well.
Also, be sure that the editor you're using is set to "run as administrator" as well as the compiled .exe file you're trying to execute, otherwise it might not run.
Katyman
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2015 01:11
I corrected the problem finally. I uninstalled DBPro. Deleted the directory. Installed the directX 9.0c 2010. Reinstalled DBPro and upgraded it to latest version. Removed the Msvc*.dll files from the Compiler folder and moved it to c:\windows\sysWOW64 directory. Rebooted and the Compiler and EXE files started working (finally!!!!) Thanks for your suggestions. Also helps to be sure all drivers are up to date too.
When old programmers die...do they decompile?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:34:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:34:03