Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Question about multi-levels and item usage in other levels.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
okay this may have been answered... I did some searches and did not see where it had been addressed.

Here's basically what I'd like to ask.

Using the Amnesia level change, let's say I have a key that I picked up in level 2 that fits a door in level 1, how would I get my game to preserve the knowledge that I have that key when I go back to level 1?

Basically, I'm a newb, and just trying to figure this out....

I'm right now running FPS Creator Classic 1.18 Vanilla

Now, I Saw Storyteller's Keycoder, and I feel that can help as a bit of a workaround - (get book in level 2, use it to generate code for door in level 1), but anyone who can offer a tip or tutorial.

Again, not ashamed to call myself a newb, just looking for the ability to register either having a key or (even the variable of having collected the key) and be able to use it on another level.
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 21st Nov 2015 13:42
Hi JayRayOKC
I believe the answer your looking for is in this thread from BlackFox...https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/192148
Scroll down to the section on "Using Global Variables" where he talks about collecting objects in one level for use in another.
best
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
JayRayOKC
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey thanks! That's exactly what I need. All I would need is to basically graphically design the backpack to look as I want it to look in game, and I'm golden! Beautiful! Thanks for the help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 14:05:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 14:05:08