Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Loading Color Information for .DBO Models?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2015 23:21 Edited at: 25th Dec 2015 23:24
Seasonal Type Greetings!

Attached is a .DBO model of a low-poly X-Wing fighter borrowed from a once popular freeware game.
I can load this in a program like Fragmotion and see that the faces are colored, but every time I load it in DBP all the faces are black!

This is not a textured object, mind you, it just has colored faces... is there a flag or something I should be using when loading this in DBP?

Thanks!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2015 08:11
Works fine here
Tried with this small utility I made for my purposes

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2015 13:50
Quote: "Works fine here
Tried with this small utility I made for my purposes"

I tried it with your utility and it's still black.. very odd.
I would say it's my graphics card, except the colors load fine in Blender and Fragmotion.
It has to be the way DBP and my computer interact... an incompatibility or something.

Oh well, I guess I can texture paint if need be.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2015 14:40 Edited at: 26th Dec 2015 14:42
Perhaps you both use different versions of DBP that has you confused, I just quickly tried u7.7rc7 and u 7.62 and both failed to show the assigned vertex diffuse colours but with version u7.1 it showed up just fine so just a simple matter of checking which versions it works with and which of those working versions are best for you.
I simply install the original dbp, copy it and add "original" at end of folder name then copy it, remove the "copy of original" wording(or similar wording) then install an upgrade, rename the folder but this time just tag the u X.X version at the end, make another copy of the original folder then repeat the process for each upgrade you wanna test. This way all you have to do is rename the folder each time you wanna switch between versions(might be best to keep a .txt file with details of what the current version is installed as you switch between them which is what I do).

Seasonal Greetings
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2015 17:14
James might be right. In fact I',m on version 1.066
Still you could try to reassign apperance parameters through DBP commands like Set Object Diffuse, Specular etc.. to see if it works and then re-save the object as DBO when it shows up right.

Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2015 17:40 Edited at: 26th Dec 2015 17:44
Quote: "I just quickly tried u7.7rc7 and u 7.62 and both failed to show the assigned vertex diffuse colours but with version u7.1"

Quote: "James might be right. In fact I',m on version 1.066"

Great, at least I'm not going crazy.
Well then I guess the million-dollar question is; where is this elusive download list of older DBP versions?

EDIT
May have found them here.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:40:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:40:57